troopie owner (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
hey guys, i have an 82 troopie, looking for some lift springs for it, im kinda on a budget as i just bought a house. so any ideas on a cheaper alternative to OMe?

how do u re arch? and is adding a leaf going to make it higher? i think it would just make it stiffer? but im sure im wrong. i did the shackles already. i think they were 1"

I took my LV to the local springs shop - for $300 an axle, they lifted it 3", using my existing springs (they re-arched them) and added a leaf. It doesn't seem particularly stiff, but with the height, I would not want it looser.

what size rims and tires aew u running on ur truck westernmaryland, and by the way i live in ocean city maryland

I agree with 2many.

The OME is really, really nice. I was debating all about springs for mine (since I'm also on the continual budget), but after putting the OME 2.5" on my Dad's FJ-40, there's no other products I'll consider. That's how impressed with the Dakar's I am.

You could take it to a spring shop and have them either re-arch your existing springs, or make some new ones, but you'll be pretty danged close to the cost of OME anyway. If you wanted to save coin on the OME, you could probably pick up just the springs and bushings from them. Then when you get the cash in your hands down the road you could add the shocks. The spring pins and/or shackles you'd only need if your are worn, wimpy or wrong.

Dan

My 66 FJ45LV has 9.5x34's on 15" rims. The 10.5 wides would rub, and I found the skinnier tires don't = they also seem to fit the style of the truck. I like the LV, but I think someday I will have a Troopy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom