Troopie Gears (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

That'd be an H41 transmission, right?

I'm pretty sure its this:

1st - 4.93:1
2nd - 2.64:1
3rd - 1.52:1
4th - 1:1

an H55F is the same but has an overdive 5th at about 0.85:1 I believe.

Cheers,

Matt

Yeah. That's what I meant. I have a set of 4.10's coming and I needed to know if I needed to change both or if I could go with just the front.

So you've got a set of 1:4.10 diff gears coming in, not 1:4.11? you could maybe get away with it, the difference is very minor, just don't engage 4wd on any hard surfaces!! If I were you I'd match them front and back to avoid any potential transmission failure which can quite easily result if your ratios are different. Put the 4.10s front and back. That's my 2 cents. What are the 4.10s from, a 70 series?? Aftermarket gears??

4:10's from a 62. Both already locked and front have CM Birfs. I was only looking for a disc brakes swap, but I think it would be stupid not to change out the whole axle since there are so many extras already installed.

Anybody know if I can keep my full floaters in the rear? Don't know much about all of this.
Thanks

So you're going to swap over the entire axle housings too? If so, remember that you'd need to fabricate new spring perches on the housings, since the 60 series is wider than the 40/45/47.

So you're going to swap over the entire axle housings too? If so, remember that you'd need to fabricate new spring perches on the housings, since the 60 series is wider than the 40/45/47.

Right. Read the writeup in the FAQ section. Seems easy enough.

There's no problem running a 4.10 with a 4.11. Yes there will be binding, but no more than it will see when you turn while in 4wd. The front axle always travels a longer distance than the rear in a turn, and no one unlocks their hubs just to turn... :cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom