troopie 5 speed (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Well today was my second try at getting the 5 speed in and split case in my troopie. This is what I had to work with.... a engine hoist missing the front extension so I put 2 metal bars in the hole and stuck a rachet extension thu all the holes to hold the tranny and case,2 tow straps,3 bricks, 1 crow bar,and the super human strength or Romal,the Teg clothing salesman,and his 2 children to watch my dog so we would not have to worry about them,they feed my dog girl scout cookies,he shat all over the rug later on . Man let me tell you this installation was not easy took about an hour of moving the hoist and the bricks and wood. I was just about to give up when the super human TEQ saleman drove it home from beneath the cruiser and it slid in,meanwhile I was in the truck trying to hold the tow ropes and get at least 2 bolts in. It was comical and I felt like I was truly a welfare recipient,with the only tools being what I could find around the yard(which was exactly what I did). Now I feel I can install any tranny with these welfare tools. I tried to do it the day before with another friend but he had to go and we could not spend much time on it.
We went to the local tool rental place and we could of rented a truck tranny jack that bent all kinds of ways and angles,actually it looked like a pretty cool sexual device if you could get a women to get on it,you could move her all around and you wouldnt have to worry to much if she was overweight. It cost $60 plus tax so that night I was pissed that I was beaten by this installation,and I was reduced to renting a tranny jack, so I couldn't sleep cause I was thinking about ways to get the job done without having to spend any money,cause the welfare check won't be in until the first of the month. So like I said the next day it was a success,and I didn't have to spend a dime,

Thanks for listening .

James
P1011454.jpg
P1011455.jpg
P1011456.jpg

James,

Long Island ingenuity- I love it!:clap: Here in Australia I wind up doing everything by myself because I can't find anyone who knows which end of a wrench to hold.

David,

I offered to help you for as long as you need me- you just need to fly me home:)

Josh

Josh,

When your here on the Island make sure we get together,my numbers are as follows

Home 1 631 363 2428
Cell-1 631 873 6912

I am usually off on Mondays and Tuesdays and some Sundays.

James

James,

Will do. Looking foward to seeing you again. Any chance that Arkana will be sprung over by then?:)

Cheers,

Josh

I about shat all over the rug reading that post... funny! Glad it worked out for you.

'and you wouldn't have to worry much if she was overweight' :lol::lol:

Absolutely well done!! Loved the pix of the tools. Just think of how deprived or childern are these days. I saw a late model Landcruiser pulled over to the side of the road last summer, with a flat tire. There were 4 young guys standing on the curb with a bunch of their luggage on the ground while a triple A guy changed the tire. I couldn't believe it.

Mudge

Update.........I already removed the 5speed and transfer cause it was howwling in 3,4th,and 5th. Took me less then 24minutes to remove. Now I dropped it off at a shop. The guy is gonna brake it down to see what I need. While it's out I am removing the 3rd members and putting in fj60 diffs,for better highway driving. I am putting in 2 front fj60 diffs,one has less then 3000 miles on it and the other not much more. Seriously thingking about the spring over now since everything will be out already.

Oh,I bought one of those trannytransfer jacks for the bedroom,works great......................

James

Love it!...Just love it...
And Josh...trust me...places here a wrench is a term for a person!...ha!
I couldn't find anyone who had a trans jack or even knew what the heck one was...
So I got out my wood saw, some 2x4's, a piece of plywood...some duct tape, wire, and ratchet straps...wood screws...and made an attachment that fit right around the trans and slipped right over my jack!..a few ratchet straps...and away we went...my wife and I...and the next day we were driving to the grocery store...ha!

Look me up when you are here as well Josh...

And nice 45 stainless...

James,

Pity about the gear box- at least it will be all rebuilt now.:) Great news about the 3:73s- nuthin' better. I say do the spring over- I can't wait to see that Arkana sprung over- it will look great!

Mike,

From memory, you and I put the gear box in your 4Runner using the ice on your driveway to help us move the transmission around. You then used my armpit to hold the extra gear oil which came out of the transmission while we tried to get it to line up:D

Cheers,

Josh

James,

Pity about the gear box- at least it will be all rebuilt now.:) Great news about the 3:73s- nuthin' better. I say do the spring over- I can't wait to see that Arkana sprung over- it will look great!

Mike,

From memory, you and I put the gear box in your 4Runner using the ice on your driveway to help us move the transmission around. You then used my armpit to hold the extra gear oil which came out of the transmission while we tried to get it to line up:D

Cheers,

Josh

James -
Good luck with the spring over...

Josh -
There was too much beer involved to remember the true detail...but I think it was the engine we were installing into the 90 4Runner I now call my spare truck over ten years later...you know the one that was dropped off in my driveway with no title and no one to clame...a 4 year old truck for 700 bucks...wow thoose were the days!
Anyway mix beer with a 20% grade...it's always going to be an uphill battle...mix in ice and 20 below..talking F or C it's still cold!...lol! What the heck were we thinking?...made great friends though! :cheers:

P.S. Good to hear from ya.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom