Trollhole vs City Racer Carb (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I am not trying to spend your money. Several guys on this forum have purchased either a TH or Racer carb.
Send the original off to one the gurus mentioned above for rebuild. Both guys are often backlogged so a rebuild can take a while. Drive your 40 while original is being rebuilt.
Keep TH or Racer carb as a spare.
I ran a TH on my desmogged 79 some years ago and it ran great. I likely would have purchased the Racer to keep it Japanese had I been aware of him.

I'm no longer selling carbs many because I just don't have the time to support them and the ability to get them from my original manufacture. Sold over 3000 carbs and of those maybe 2-3% may have been something wrong with the carb. As I'm sure anyone that rebuilds carbs or sells new ones some people buy a carb because they think it's the problem when it really isn't. Then when the motor doesn't run right I have to go through all the troubleshooting with them. 9 times out of 10 it was something other than the carb.

I have a troll hole worked great for years until it sucked up a bunch of crap from an aux rear gas tank I installed, purchased a City Racer carb, works great. Just received rebuilt by Jim Chenoweth. I like having backup parts 😀

If you go with a Fuji Carb (city racer) swap out the float for OEM Aisan and check the o-ring for the fuel cut solenoid.

OEM is ideal, I rebuild them for folks and it keeps everything simple, but if you don't have the original carb, Fuji is a nice option (once you do the above :))

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom