Trollhole carb is awesome (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just installed the carb it runs great just adjusted the idle.Haven't finished the a/c idle up yet the screw was stripped and the fuel cut off was so easy to adapt the stock connector.

Thanks Marshall.
image-4038743416.jpg

Autozone. I had to do some trimming on the adapter and bottom assembly and it's a tight fit but sounds and runs great. If you need part numbers I can post them tomorrow.

i hope to have mine installed very soon myself.

Looks good!

Make sure to plug up the part I circled in red.

vacuumleak-1.jpg

Big vacuum leak otherwise.

A short length of hose on two ports and one cap on the other will do the trick!

Autozone. I had to do some trimming on the adapter and bottom assembly and it's a tight fit but sounds and runs great. If you need part numbers I can post them tomorrow.

Please do!

Part #'s

Spectre air cleaner adapter 3 1/16 to 5 1/8 #4953

Spectre air cleaner assembly #47708 ( this is the lifetime filter or for $10 less you can get the regular filter)

I trimmed about 1/4-3/8 off of both and the wing nut just hits the hood so now I have a regular nut I'll probably get the fancy one that's an option. I tried to find a drop base to even out the inch rise from the adapter but couldn't.

On more thing if you have an intact heat shield remove it and check the exhaust manifold bolts, One was missing and the other was half off. Glad I checked.

On more thing if you have an intact heat shield remove it and check the exhaust manifold bolts, One was missing and the other was half off. Glad I checked.

I am half-way (I hope) through my desmog/trollhole project. Loose bolts on my manifold too.

A perfect finish on a total engine rebuild and desmog. Just put it on and cranked it up to see what would happen. 5 turns of motor and it fired right up and idles at 200rpm smoothly. That's without doing anything to it, can't believe how much better these are for a desmog. Tks Marshall :beer:

Man a desmogged engine bay looks so tidy. :D

Could you take a wider shot, I'd like to see how your whole engine bay turned out! Looks great!

No problem. 200RPM is a little low. Might want to bump that ups some.

Man this is great, already set the idle to 700 rpm and 1500rpm for the A/C. This is just the thing for desmog, after I rebuilt the engine and old carb I thought the thing was running well but the carb never worked as well as when it was smoged. Now it is perfect. BTW found that the plugs on side markers( had a couple broken ones) fit the OEM plug for the shut off valve so now that looks OEM. :beer::beer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom