Trnasmission & T-Case rebuild assistance in Raleigh area? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hidee ho folks.....

Working on the resto-mod of my "Franken-40" ('71 chassis, but hodge-podge of a bunch of years)....

I've got the 2F already torn down and at the machine shop getting refreshed. While it's away, figured I would work on rebuilding the trans and transfer case. I grew up working on GM & Ford muscle cars, but this is the first foray into any major Toyota restoration.

I've got the applicable FSM's, and likely wouldn't have a great deal of issues, but if there are any folks around the Raleigh area that have done these rebuilds in the past, and might be interested in coming down to Fuquay some beers, pizza, and mildly amusing conversation, I'd appreciate a set of experienced eyes watching over as I go through the process.

My main concern is making sure I don't miss any of the little "tricks of the trade" as I'm inspecting parts for wear, or putting everything back together.

I've ordered the Terrain Tamer rebuild kit for both trans and t-case, which should be arriving early next week. I was thinking about tackling the job between Christmas and New Year, but I'm not on a fixed schedule, so I can work on it pretty much anytime.

If anyone is willing and able to provide some experienced education, please shoot me a PM and I'll send you my contact info.

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom