Trim Paint Recommendations and Techniques (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm considering painting my trim black. I currently have it removed. I've been inspecting the body for rust and doing some other minor body work. I like the idea of a durable spray on liner coating for the trim components and cover a lot of the scuffs...etc.. They are in good shape beat up and I think it could be a good look. If you've done the "two tone" thing I'd love to see pics and hear how you did it. I can find only a few pics on the web . I'm trying to visualize black on smokey topaz mica.

On mine, the pearl paint on plastic trim, bumpers, and mirrors was peeling or disintegrating. I replaced the factory bumpers with black metal. For the side trim, we used an adhesion promoter, Toyota quicksand single stage, and clear coat. The pearl paint on the body still looks good. Since it closely matches the interior trim, I've had people (200 series owner included) say it looks factory. The trim stayed on the vehicle while being painted.

1615638905475.png

1615638998603.png

On mine, the pearl paint on plastic trim, bumpers, and mirrors was peeling or disintegrating. I replaced the factory bumpers with black metal. For the side trim, we used an adhesion promoter, Toyota quicksand single stage, and clear coat. The pearl paint on the body still looks good. Since it closely matches the interior trim, I've had people (200 series owner included) say it looks factory. The trim stayed on the vehicle while being painted.

View attachment 2612652

View attachment 2612656
I read your post earlier! Thanks very helpful!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom