Trim for aftermarket stereo (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I think you're looking for the bezel that will square off the area where your double din is going to go. You can get them on eBay. I have an extra one if you're interested.

Thank you Thingfisher. Stereo is on backorder ( Crutchfield ) right now. Was planning on doing it myself but am going to be putting it in the shop for some other things and am going to wait until the stereo comes in so I can have them do it too. I may be taking you up on your offer depending on what the shop says I need.

Can you, or someone tell me which option I need to get on the trim kit. I have the factory CD/Tape deck, no GPS unit in it now.

I am going to revive this old thread. I plan on installing a double din unit, in my 2000 lc. I am having trouble finding a trim bezel for this set up. My rig currently has an aftermarket single din unit, so I doubt that one will work for the new stereo. Can someone steer me in the right direction? Thanks

Post a picture of what your current setup looks like. I replaced a single DIN unit in my 2000, it had a little storage tray mounted underneath it. When I put in a Double DIN unit I did not have to get a new trim bezel.

Post a picture of what your current setup looks like. I replaced a single DIN unit in my 2000, it had a little storage tray mounted underneath it. When I put in a Double DIN unit I did not have to get a new trim bezel.
I will try to grab a pic tomorrow in the daylight. Mine has a little storage cubby underneath. I appreciate the help.

I don't know how oddly shaped mine should be. With the aftermarket unit in there now. Anybody want to post a pic of the differences between LC and LX?

I had a LC climate control in my LX while I repaired the original. LCs don't need any trim for double-dins, LXs do.

Here is my current set up. If I put in a double din, shouldn’t there be trim around it.
F3C3BE56-4FFB-4737-8050-C6F77AC36ACF.jpeg

Makes sense to me. Thanks all

@Nightbrew You are good to go. The trim you are thinking of is to make up the difference in opening below the single din head unit (small pocket). Other than that you should not need any additional trim. The LX models had a slight wider shaped head unit stock (non-nav) that there was need of a trim piece/bezel around the head unit to fill a couple millimeter gap on each side. Pretty sure that all standard double din headunits are about 178mm wide and about 100mm tall. Newer units from mfgrs. like Kenwood/JVC, Alpine and a few others are making super short versions that do not extend as far back into the the cavity for the stereo. This is mainly due to the fact that technology is advancing, things are getting smaller, and less and less headunits have DVD/CD drives (which take up a lot of space) and are moving towards the "digital multimedia" headunit style.

Here is an example of the "short" version I am talking about from Alpine.
1582129354637.png

@Nightbrew You are good to go. The trim you are thinking of is to make up the difference in opening below the single din head unit (small pocket). Other than that you should not need any additional trim. The LX models had a slight wider shaped head unit stock (non-nav) that there was need of a trim piece/bezel around the head unit to fill a couple millimeter gap on each side. Pretty sure that all standard double din headunits are about 178mm wide and about 100mm tall. Newer units from mfgrs. like Kenwood/JVC, Alpine and a few others are making super short versions that do not extend as far back into the the cavity for the stereo. This is mainly due to the fact that technology is advancing, things are getting smaller, and less and less headunits have DVD/CD drives (which take up a lot of space) and are moving towards the "digital multimedia" headunit style.

View attachment 2215490

Not to mention the "dockable" amp option that they offer on these shallow units:

1582129696436.png

View attachment 2215490
Great! Thanks much for the info

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom