Triggering negative switching from positive? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have just had a Harrop (Eaton) ELocker installed into the front of my HZJ78 Troopcarrier.

I would like the factory dashboard front locker light, in the combination meter, to come on when I activate the ELocker.

The Elocker has it's own loom to power the ELocker with positively switched 12V DC.

If I want to turn on the negatively switched dashboard light with the ELocker circuit, I assume that I have to put in a relay to switch the dashboard light circuit to negative, using the positive of the ELocker circuit to turn the relay on.

Would this be right?

Is there an easier way than wiring in a relay to negatively switch the dashboard light on?

Can you modify the wiring within the combination meter so that the unswitched side of the indicator light goes to ground rather than battery then no relay would be necessary?

Not sure, will check the Electrical Wiring Diagram, then have a look at the rear of the combination meter.

I think from memory that the rear of the combination meter might be a PCB, so not sure how easy it will be, but can possibly cut the traces and wire it as positively switched.

Thanks for the idea.

Not sure, will check the Electrical Wiring Diagram, then have a look at the rear of the combination meter.

I think from memory that the rear of the combination meter might be a PCB, so not sure how easy it will be, but can possibly cut the traces and wire it as positively switched.

Thanks for the idea.
Usually, you can cut the PCB trace with a sharp razor and remove a small section then solder on a wire jumper to connect the indicator to ground. Easy and clean though it does leave you with a non-standard configuration.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom