Trigger Controller - Six/Four Shooters (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi

Does anyone have experience with the Trigger Controller Six Shooter or four channel? triggercontroller.com | Home of the Trigger Wireless Accessory Controllers - https://triggercontroller.com/

Reviews seemed to be mixed on other boards (Jeep/Taco). But it does look like a cheaper alternative than Spod or Switchpros, no need to run wiring through the firewall, and in theory could run the bluetooth app via my Tesla unit (...in theory).

Negative reviews discuss the switches being somewhat cheap and a couple stating the bluetooth picking up "false" signals and shutting accessories on/off intermittently.

I'm just not sure I want to rely on bluetooth to turn things on/off.

Thanks

I have no experience with this product nor have I read the reviews, but I agree with your hesitance. It just seems unnecessarily complicated to rely on a bluetooth connection. Running one wire through the firewall to mount a wired control box is easy, and then everything just connects to the box in the engine bay. Like they say - keep it simple, stupid!

Have it, love it. But I don't use the bluetooth at all, even though it's worked just fine through testing. The switches that ship with the unit are 100% functional, but feel cheap. The app for your phone is worse—it probably doesn't help that I make my living from app design, but it feels a little like it was designed by the government. Lowest bidder.

I can't remember now if it came with it, but there is an additional (DIN?) cable you can run through the firewall. I've got mine connected that way and plugged into 5 CH4x4 switches mounted in a switch panel from @BenCC.

Mine is the six shooter. I got it because I wanted to run my own rocker switches. At the time, there was no Switchpro mount (@BenCC has that covered too I think), and I hate seeing wires everywhere.

Have it, love it. But I don't use the bluetooth at all, even though it's worked just fine through testing. The switches that ship with the unit are 100% functional, but feel cheap. The app for your phone is worse—it probably doesn't help that I make my living from app design, but it feels a little like it was designed by the government. Lowest bidder.

I can't remember now if it came with it, but there is an additional (DIN?) cable you can run through the firewall. I've got mine connected that way and plugged into 5 CH4x4 switches mounted in a switch panel from @BenCC.

Mine is the six shooter. I got it because I wanted to run my own rocker switches. At the time, there was no Switchpro mount (@BenCC has that covered too I think), and I hate seeing wires everywhere.
Both covered.

Switch mount: Benjamin’s 3D Prints Build - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/benjamins-3d-prints-build.1171700/post-12952600
SwitchPro Mount: Benjamin’s 3D Prints Build - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/benjamins-3d-prints-build.1171700/post-13247898

Awesome and thanks for pointing me to Ben’s work. I was looking at it earlier and wondering if I could leverage his work. I’ll be placing an order. The app design looked pretty weak but functional.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom