Triad monthly gathering for April (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Ok guys and gals the next monthly meet will be here before we know so how about we start throwing out some ideas to give folks plenty of time to plan. April 4th will be the date to mark for now.

A couple ideas from the last month to start the conversation.

1. Pollo pizza pasta on 68. For those that remember this used to be the monthly meeting place...old school take over of the joint?

2. Blue Rock Pizza Tavern in High Point. Had a nice time when we were there before. Cool little room with good pizza.

3. Weekend cook out at Triad park or something similar. I'd suggest if we do this we shoot for April 8th or 9th. April 1st is URE opening and Jamboree and the 15th is a URE workday.
Edited for Spring Break^^^^^^

Thought or suggestions welcomed.

Last edited:
April 8th is the start of Spring Break - I'll be out of town for that week.

I do like the cookout idea though

April 8th is the start of Spring Break - I'll be out of town for that week.

I do like the cookout idea though

crap thanks. I'm at OBX from the 8-15th. thanks for reminding me. lets push the cookout idea to next month and hope for warm sunny skies.

crap thanks. I'm at OBX from the 8-15th. thanks for reminding me. lets push the cookout idea to next month and hope for warm sunny skies.

Cherry Grove for me :)

Yeah - i'll be in street cars for this trip..

It's not even really doing street right now. Taking a hiatus.

It's not even really doing street right now. Taking a hiatus.

I know a guy here in GSO that makes life size human replicas out of various bits of metal. You could have him make some of the various ONSC locals that can be posed around Biscuit in the front yard, to make it an interpretive art statement. They would just have to agree to go to this guys basement off of Elam and be covered in plaster while his wife makes yarn out of gigantic bags of alpaca fur down there. How creepy could it possibly be? He gets chicks from UNCG down there all the time for that.

The guy has art displayed at the state capital in Raleigh, and you should at least check out his website. There are some "interesting" features, such as the ones below. He's a couple of pancakes shy of a short stack, but the process he goes through was quite fascinating to hear at lunch one afternoon after he showed up at one of our sailing days.

welded steel figurative sculptures

d070d44d729f805113a3781f723397f1

89c160fbdf45f5bb0f03de25f3e29e07

Yeah - I've seen his art at a Greensboro gallery - cool stuff.

Does anyone in the triad have a garage/man cave/basement that we could all hang out, grill hot dogs and burgers? I've been feeling that the local restaurants haven't been too good with facilities, food quality or service for our size group lately.

But then again, Polo just has to cook the food, everything else is self serve.

Does anyone in the triad have a garage/man cave/basement that we could all hang out, grill hot dogs and burgers? I've been feeling that the local restaurants haven't been too good with facilities, food quality or service for our size group lately.

But then again, Polo just has to cook the food, everything else is self serve.

I know a dude a south of the Triad down in Asheboro that has a pretty cool "garage/mancave" that might fit the bill. I could see him opening up his digs for the right kind of club throw down. Some of the ONSC'ers have been there before but honestly last time everybody was working so damn hard they kinda missed out on the whole chill and kickback with a cold beer factor.

Probably too far away for a weekday-after-work thing but I think a grilling and chilling weekend thing in April or May might work out

We recently discovered that Don Juan's in Kernersville has a party room that is closed off to the rest of the restaurant, with a projector which was nice. They also do Taco Tuesday with the purchase of a drink. :) The manager was very willing to work with us and When we mentioned we would have to change our day of the week due to it being their Taco Tuesday, he said Tuesday's are still ok for him as long as we can find parking. Which they have a parking lot across the street that should be able to handle us, and this is right off Main St in K-vile.

So this could be an option to keep in mind.

Where to this time? Blue Rock was good to us and I have never been to Pollo Pizza Pasta.

I have come down with either the flu or the worst cold I have ever had so I will be a no-show for the next get together. Can't risk passing this along to anyone else.

ok guys how about this time we roll to Pollo's for a little nostalgia. Reminds me of when we first started meeting up. With it being tomorrow trying to get the room at blue rock might be hard but we can certainly do it again. Also heard of a new taproom/restaurant in HP that might be worth looking into for another month.

So Pollo's on 68 at 6-6:30 and if it's nice we can just cill on the little patio. Who's gonna make it? We'll be there and I'm sure Ted and Court will.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom