Tremec TR-4050 Transmission (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I've used NV4500's in 40's and 60's, it's going to be exactly the same but a little lighter weight, quieter operation, different adapter. Driveline, tunnel mods etc are all going to be the same.

I've used NV4500's in 40's and 60's, it's going to be exactly the same but a little lighter weight, quieter operation, different adapter. Driveline, tunnel mods etc are all going to be the same.
Thanks Matt. Do you know of an adapter kit that accommodates the Tremec TR-4050?

Split case to Tr4050. You'd be silly to do all this and use a single-piece case IMO

IMO after the cost of the low gear set for the split case you might as well put an atlas in. then you don't need the adapter either.

Do you have the Tremec, or are you buying it new? I am not seeing these were available as an offering in any domestic vehicles, so every one is sold as a new aftermarket unit? (unless buying used from someone who bought it new) Pretty steep price tag!!!!!

Pretty sure the nv4500 is becoming very hard to find new, and this is a replacement. I want to do a 5 spd in front of my atlas and have been looking for an nv. I have read about the tremec. The cost is what I dont like!! And I want to hear some real feedback with how it performs. I had an nv4500 for 5 years, so I am familiar with them.

IMO after the cost of the low gear set for the split case you might as well put an atlas in. then you don't need the adapter either.

I did not see any mention of vehicle intended use or goals that would be critical info to make a recommendation.

These days i am assuming most everyone just wants to street drive and maybe do "occasional light trails" (aka never go offroad) for the most part, hence Toyota axles, stock T-case gears, etc

Yes, this is a for a 1973 FJ40 that has already been converted to front disk brakes. I will replacing the entire drive train and building a four link front and rear with ARB Lockers. I have a set of ICON 17" Wheels with 35" Tires. The lift will be as minimal as I can get away with, but I will need to cut the fenders, which is okay since the tub I purchased already had them cut.

It seems that the H55 would actually be the cheaper option in this case !!! Only need the bellhousing.

Actually, the honest cheapest option behind a V8 would be a used jeep or GM light truck 5 speed manual transmission and the Axis trans to splitcase adapter (AX15 is excluded as it wont work with the adapter).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom