TrekboxX tailgate covers for the 200 series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

TrekboxX

Supporting Vendor
Threads
Hey all,
My apologies- these have been done for a while. I've just been super busy moving shops and keeping up with existing orders. The tailgate covers for the 200 have the same material, color, and padded cover options as the 100 series. They attach with no drilling.

Pros:
More durable than carpet
Easier to clean
For the Richlite, a food-grade surface
Padded cover is snap-on and multifunctional

Cons:
You lose the little compartments in the tailgate

For those who will inevitable ask for a storage solution- this isn't it. There are already companies (@TRAIL TAILOR ) who serve this need. There are pros and cons to both types (weight, noise, cost, storage space) - you just need to decide what's right for you.

AAA 200 Alpha 3.JPG

AAA 200 Richlite cover.JPG

I’ve been very happy with mine. Thanks for introducing this to the 200 market, David! So nice when I’m grabbing stuff and on my knees to have a surface that’s more comfortable than the stock carpet. Very easy to clean too.

Yeah- it's funny. I'm still running the first prototype padded cover. I keep trying to kill it so I can upgrade to one with the logo sewn on, etc. But it just won't die. It's a testament more to the makers of the fabric than my sewing. This poly vinyl stuff is bomber. I routinely use it as a ground pad for kids and Niko the shop mutt to keep him off the prickly bits.

IMG_4115.JPG

What about a (future) velcro option for the padded cover? That way those of us who want to retain the tailgate storage can just remove the cover temporarily?

Now I wish I could sew worth a damn

What about a (future) velcro option for the padded cover? That way those of us who want to retain the tailgate storage can just remove the cover temporarily?

Great idea. My only initial concern is whether adhesive velcro will actually stick to the somewhat textured tailgate plastic. I'll test it out!

Did I overlook the price being posted somewhere @TrekboxX ?
Price is on the web site. Looks like it is about $200 to $350 depending on what material and with pad or without.

Any chance one could just buy the pad by itself? Hypothetically use velcro and attach it to the existing carpet....

What about a pad that covers the exposed (painted) surfaces on both sides? That's my main/only concern with the OEM setup: my dog frequently jumps up from the side of the truck, and those edges are going to take a beating from the claws.

Any chance one could just buy the pad by itself? Hypothetically use velcro and attach it to the existing carpet....
You could, but it should really be sewn on the pad at least. I'm taking off for a trip, but when I return I'll mess around with the project.

What about a pad that covers the exposed (painted) surfaces on both sides? That's my main/only concern with the OEM setup: my dog frequently jumps up from the side of the truck, and those edges are going to take a beating from the claws.
I think the painted area needs to stay clear as it is where (I think) the hatch seal contacts.

You could, but it should really be sewn on the pad at least. I'm taking off for a trip, but when I return I'll mess around with the project.
Cool! Thanks. Yea let me know. I'd be interested in buying just the pad and trying to velcro to the existing carpet.

I like the idea as well. I'd like to suggest 3M Dual Lock instead of Velcro. In my experience, it's more robust. Here's an example in case you're not familiar with the product: 3M™ Dual Lock™ Reclosable Fastener SJ3550 | 3M United States
Hey guys- circling back to this. I have now developed the padded cover as a snap-on option on the stocker. It will come with a template to locate and install the included snaps on the stock plastic surround. This should allow you guys to run the padded cover on top of the stock storage setup. It's actually what I'll be running on my rig since the carpet is thrashed. It should be on the website soon - I'm waiting on some new hardware to show up and final testing.

IMG_6250.JPG

IMG_6249.JPG

IMG_6248.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom