Trekboxx Half Alpha drawer system (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yes it should. We will test fit as well.

I’m interested and following. I have a 2018Lx. and I’ve got the CFX75dz. If this fits this could be a perfect solution for a daily driver, without having to go full EXPO all the time.

Actually, another announcement I need to make is that our latest 200 Alpha has a wider fridge area, not narrower. As time passes people want to install larger and larger fridges. The new version accommodates the Dometic 75 dual zone which is popular. However, I was able to make the fridge area 1” wider without losing any space in the large drawer.

Since you are announcing other things in this thread... may I present the Dometic 75DZ in the Alpha:

2020-07-12 12.11.24.jpg

2020-07-12 12.12.34.jpg

Will this be restricted to the left side of the cargo area?

Will this be restricted to the left side of the cargo area?
I could do a mirrored system, but only if there's really a good reason. Obviously more cost involved having both options. Usually access to 3rd row seat is from the PS, so that's why I chose DS for the system.

I could do a mirrored system, but only if there's really a good reason. Obviously more cost involved having both options. Usually access to 3rd row seat is from the PS, so that's why I chose DS for the system.

Makes sense. Was just curious since I have been considering storage options other than the ARB drawers I have now.

I currently have my cargo area wired with the with the fridge outlet on the right side. I like the fridge there since my spare mounted on the Slee bumper already obstructs the rear view on that side.

Sure I could go with the Beta, install a drop slide and retrofit a barrier but I really like the lower CG of the Alpha and having a shallow drawer with the new linkage-actuated Richlite surface. So....is there any chance that this new design could transform into a "narrow-fridge" Alpha system?

I second LifeIsRiveting. A full "narrow-fridge" Alpha with the aluminum walls & shelf that maximizes the size of the large drawer would be ideal! For my purposes no barrier would be needed for the passenger side second row as I would pair it with the 40% second row platform for sleeping . So basically a wider right side drawer would be paired with the narrow fridge unit on the left.

And the aluminum walls & shelf make for a much more refined and finished looking product than the wire mesh of the original Alpha. Call it the Alpha 2.0. Just a fantastic job on this David. Bravo!

I second LifeIsRiveting. A full "narrow-fridge" Alpha with the aluminum walls & shelf that maximizes the size of the large drawer would be ideal! For my purposes no barrier would be needed for the passenger side second row as I would pair it with the 40% second row platform for sleeping . So basically a wider right side drawer would be paired with the narrow fridge unit on the left.

And the aluminum walls & shelf make for a much more refined and finished looking product than the wire mesh of the original Alpha. Call it the Alpha 2.0. Just a fantastic job on this David. Bravo!
Thanks. But to be honest, the aluminum may look cool but so far I'm not loving it. The original is much more rigid. I'm going to re-work this one to gain some lateral stability.

Everything is a compromise. A "narrow" fridge version would really only mean an inch or two max, and a lot of sacrifices have to be made- higher cost, less rigidity, much smaller work surface and shallow drawer, no shelf adjustability, and less intuitive latch setup (shallow drawer opens with latch on left. So far this one is looking at being around the $3750 price point, and not much margins at that.

I highly doubt I'll use this design in my regular systems. They are bomber and I think worth the small sacrifice in material thickness to gain the above benefits.

Having said all of that, I could see getting what you want with the above system and a larger separate drawer on the right. Wouldn't be too hard to bolt them together and would make a somewhat larger sleeping setup.

Thanks for the feedback David. Yes the lack of height adjustability for the shelf is a sacrifice and depending on the fridge could leave quite a bit of wasted space below the shelf over the fridge. I can see how the rigidity of the walls would be reduced especially at the open end where it has no bracing. If using a fridge that leaves a gap on top a simple solution might be to install brackets into the corners above the fridge for some triangulation. But in spite of these trade offs a larger right side drawer and sleeping platform are very appealing. Thanks again.

Beautiful work- I love the half idea as I would like to have more space when not trekking-
What’s the cost on this half unit? Would it bolt to my Goose plate in my 2018 200, or would that need to come out? I’m pulling my current box to build new this winter- but your half setup would save me a ton of work. I love all your stuff, but I do like my fridge pushed as far left as possible, so your stuff just wasn’t an option. Obviously my stuff is a full on hack job compared to your finely engineered creations.

21441ED6-5BCF-42F3-8ADE-EFADC70B1681.jpeg

Beautiful work- I love the half idea as I would like to have more space when not trekking-
What’s the cost on this half unit? Would it bolt to my Goose plate in my 2018 200, or would that need to come out? I’m pulling my current box to build new this winter- but your half setup would save me a ton of work. I love all your stuff, but I do like my fridge pushed as far left as possible, so your stuff just wasn’t an option. Obviously my stuff is a full on hack job compared to your finely engineered creations.

View attachment 2488167
Thanks for the kind words. I can't say that it would work with your plate- I don't build around competitors products. I could leave the shim pack off the bottom and then I don't see any reason it wouldn't, but not sure. Price point looks to be around $3750 at this point.

Hi David. Any updates on the half drawer Alpha system? You mentioned wanting to make some changes to increase the rigidity of the fridge barrier and shelf.

Hi David. Any updates on the half drawer Alpha system? You mentioned wanting to make some changes to increase the rigidity of the fridge barrier and shelf.
Yes, the changes will require rebuilding the whole unit. Which normally would be fine, but we have run into serious supply issues. We currently have a huge backlog waiting on vendors. It’s hard to justify bumping a paid customer’s system in the queue for a beta test system. It’s definitely on the list and I think it will be a good seller, but we need to clear out the list a bit first.

Yes, the changes will require rebuilding the whole unit. Which normally would be fine, but we have run into serious supply issues. We currently have a huge backlog waiting on vendors. It’s hard to justify bumping a paid customer’s system in the queue for a beta test system. It’s definitely on the list and I think it will be a good seller, but we need to clear out the list a bit first.
Hi David,

I am among those potentially interested in this solution -- any chance this will be coming into the pipeline?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom