Tree Damage (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.myspace.com
A tree jumped out in front of me a couple weeks ago...................and the resulting damage on the beautiful 60.....contributions to the repair fund can be made in the form of needed parts or cash, haha. If you really would like to help contribute please visit this link http://www.angelfire.com/sc3/dfcruiserguysc

damage001.jpg

damage002.jpg

if you decide to scrap the bumper. let me know!
hammer

my wife has used the "jumped in front of me" several times with her xterra...mailboxes....guardrails...bushes...garbage cans....MY BICYLCE...

yeah, dad said that the crease in the steel couldn't be bondoed cuz it would fall right out so it would have to be fibergalssed or something becuase odds are the still will crack when it is pulled out, and the paint on it is expensive, hard to find stuff.

joking and fix?

hahaha, well, its there if anyone takes it seriously, haha, and does anyone know how one would go about pulling a dent like that?

Last edited:
you pansys....come back when you got real tree damage
P6190022.JPG

trees are good,,,, for firewood
MVC-682S.JPG

Horrible thread. Where's my chainsaws?

dfcruiserguy said:
hahaha, well, its there if anyone takes it seriously, haha, and does anyone know how one would go about pulling a dent like that?

Pull the fender off, then take a curved spoon to pop it out as well as you can from the other side. You might have to use a hammer and dolly as well to shrink it and get it close to shape as possible. Good rule of thumb-- when hammering a dent out of a panel, take the dent out in the opposite direction it was made. Find the point of initial impact, and the point of final impact. Start at the final impact and work towards the initial impact. The dent should be 90% hammered out and in shape with the rest of the panel. Bondo should never be more than 1/8th of an inch thick.

I'd suggest you get some body work tools (you can get a full set of ones that work just fine at harbor freight for like $30) go to a junkyard and ask them to "donate" a few dented panels. (get american ones, they are easier to learn on) THen get a book on body repair and practice before you try fixing your valueable cruiser.

hammering on panels is more of an art than a science. It can be hard to explain and teach at times, and some almost consider proper body work a "black art" of sorts. Practice makes perfect, unless you are doing it wrong, in that case practice leads to more trouble.

Fred

this happened wednesday... at least it matches my passenger side now...
213112901106_0_ALB.jpg

1tontoy said:
a tree stopped me from rollin down the hill... :eek:

I think I had a bad email address for you. I still have an 83 FJ60 shell in my backyard for you.

and Ige....I didn't know you crushed the 60 at Spring Creek! :eek:

1tontoy said:
a tree stopped me from rollin down the hill... :eek:

That will buff out.

Dunbar

did you really pop the gas cap off when you hit?

dfcruiserguy - it may be hard to get at that part of the fender to dolly it out from the inside but if you ar looking to do it yourself that probably the only way. A competent body shop would have a tool that would pull the dent for filling, without removing the fender at all. they would tack a pin or multiple pins in the dent and use a slide hammer to pull it. Then grind the pin(s) off, smooth with a little poo-poo, and paint. The problem with any filler is that if it is hit in the same place again, it will likley crack and chip. the less plastic, the better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom