TRD Supercharger Installation Manual Supplement? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Howdy,

I’m looking for the supplement for the land cruiser / LX470 TRD supercharger installation. In the steps where it connects the TRD ecu’s to the factory ecu it mentions a supplement for the lc/lx. Does anybody on here have it or know what it said?

I did a search but only found one thread 15 years old where a few people said they had it but nobody posted it and they are no longer on the forums (from what I can tell). Just figured I would ask before we start.

Thanks,
Ki

Any update on your supercharger installation? Any difference if its a non-VVTi or VVTi motor?

I just “finished” the install this past weekend. Still need to find a place to mount the TRD ECU’s. I’m sure that’s what the supplement is about. I did try to shoot video throughout installation and hope to put something together to show the process.

To my knowledge, these were designed for use without VVT-i, but there have been multiple people who have used them on both style engines. I think you would just need a different tuner/management if you had VVT-i since the TRD units are not made to handle it.

61E97C84-D4B7-4F40-A579-D3ED133CC3E4.jpeg

I just “finished” the install this past weekend. Still need to find a place to mount the TRD ECU’s. I’m sure that’s what the supplement is about. I did try to shoot video throughout installation and hope to put something together to show the process.

To my knowledge, these were designed for use without VVT-i, but there have been multiple people who have used them on both style engines. I think you would just need a different tuner/management if you had VVT-i since the TRD units are not made to handle it.

View attachment 2498116

KiPod - sorry a little behind with your TRD Supercharger. Did you it running? I'm try to see if I should go ahead buy one. Would you please let me know when you get a chance.

KiPod - sorry a little behind with your TRD Supercharger. Did you it running? I'm try to see if I should go ahead buy one. Would you please let me know when you get a chance.
Yup, been running for about six months now.

I had trouble getting the recommended size belt on though. There’s different pulley sizes for the updated tensioner so maybe that was it. Also it seems some 4.7’s have thin rubber o-ring style manifold gaskets and mine had a thicker intake gasket so that could have been it also. I was able to find a belt that worked just fine after some test fitting of a few. (5061033 currently)

I’m still only maxing at 5psi though. I think some people are like 7+ but I wanted to mount wideband and boost gauge first to make sure the ECU’s were adding fuel properly.

I still plan to put together an install video with all the footage I took. Just haven’t had the time yet. To be honest, with how heavy my LX is, the supercharger just made it feel “normal” again. I’m planning gears and lockers in the next few months so I’m sure once the gears are installed it will wake it up even more.

Last edited:
Yup, been running for about six months now.

I had trouble getting the recommended size belt on though. There’s different pulley sizes for the updated tensioner so maybe that was it. Also it seems some 4.7’s have thin rubber o-ring style manifold gaskets and mine had a thicker intake gasket so that could have been it also. I was able to find a belt that worked just fine after some test fitting of a few.

I’m still only maxing at 5psi though. I think some people are like 7+ but I wanted to mount wideband and boost gauge first to make sure the ECU’s were adding fuel properly.

I still plan to put together an install video with all the footage I took. Just haven’t had the time yet. To be honest, with how heavy my LX is, the supercharger just made it feel “normal” again. I’m planning gears and lockers in the next few months so I’m sure once the gears are installed it will wake it up even more.
Appreciate for your response. I will go ahead buy the 4.7 TRD Supercharger for my LX and I would love to see your LX video with the supercharger.

I think I will get most of the parts to install and I want to stay with the factory set up aside the supercharger and nothing to crazy yet.

Any advice for me before I install my, I would appreciate very much.

Appreciate for your response. I will go ahead buy the 4.7 TRD Supercharger for my LX and I would love to see your LX video with the supercharger.

I think I will get most of the parts to install and I want to stay with the factory set up aside the supercharger and nothing to crazy yet.

Any advice for me before I install my, I would appreciate very much.
Install the supercharger THEN the fuel rails/lines. You can take the manifold out with the rails/lines intact as one entire unit, but you need to snake the new hard fuel lines around certain things (rear vertical coolant pipe) and you need to have supercharger in place before you run the hard fuel lines.

Install the supercharger THEN the fuel rails/lines. You can take the manifold out with the rails/lines intact as one entire unit, but you need to snake the new hard fuel lines around certain things (rear vertical coolant pipe) and you need to have supercharger in place before you run the hard fuel lines.
Thanks again and once I gather everything ready and make sure I did miss any parts to install, if you don’t mind can I get back with you?

Thanks again and once I gather everything ready and make sure I did miss any parts to install, if you don’t mind can I get back with you?
For sure. Any questions, post them up so we can share info for others. One day I’ll have time to throw all the clips together..... I hope.

Sure, I’ll do my best.
Good evening all - Well! Today went ahead pulled the trigger and bought me a TRD Supercharger for my LX and I am hoping someone can help me and let me know what Parts I am missing. I know is kinda too late now.

Here are some of the pictures that I just took and I am pretty sure I’m missing something.
5942CD1B-4FCA-455B-B88A-40C834BB3732.jpeg
856E7255-D543-4141-9159-86876725C24A.jpeg
E18EBA92-BD5D-4E1F-B121-8EAE363156DB.jpeg
643F6C51-340F-4254-B819-CD2CC4881700.jpeg
899185F1-46AF-4104-97AC-99F7AF7DBAEA.jpeg
E4E5D789-7BAC-45DB-A4A0-32D5809CD321.jpeg

That looks pretty complete. I didn’t see the triangular pulley bracket at first but I think it’s next to the pulley right in the middle of the first picture. That pulley had ridges on the side to hold the belt in place on the pulley. I was having issues with the belt being so tight it would slide off center of the other pulley that’s smooth. I ended up getting a second pulley with the raised edges and then it held the belt in place. Maybe something wasn’t 100% lined up perfect but I tried multiple pulleys and spacing and this is finally what worked for me. There’s also some spacer/sleeves that fit into the pulley to shim it to the bolt size and space it properly for the belt.

That looks pretty complete. I didn’t see the triangular pulley bracket at first but I think it’s next to the pulley right in the middle of the first picture. That pulley had ridges on the side to hold the belt in place on the pulley. I was having issues with the belt being so tight it would slide off center of the other pulley that’s smooth. I ended up getting a second pulley with the raised edges and then it held the belt in place. Maybe something wasn’t 100% lined up perfect but I tried multiple pulleys and spacing and this is finally what worked for me. There’s also some spacer/sleeves that fit into the pulley to shim it to the bolt size and space it properly for the belt.

Thanks for your response. How you like your Supercharger. Can you tell the difference? Also, Would you happen to have Parts for all the Pulley and Supercharger Belt? The ECU’s just plug and play?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom