Trd pro forged 17inch wheels on LC100? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

IMG_4439.JPG

"Blow the center right out?" What are you talking about? Doesn't make sense. Why would anybody increase the wheel's center bore diameter more than the hub's diameter? We're talking about machining the outer part of the wheel (center bore) to clear the hub.

I'll draw it for you. Machine red portion. Done. Nothing will blow out.

View attachment 2801405

Uh huh :rolleyes:

@bjowett Thanks for taking the time to mount and take the photo.:cheers: A visual helps most people understand.

@bjowett Thanks for taking the time to mount and take the photo.:cheers: A visual helps most people understand.

I understood perfectly. IMO the images above are exactly what I (at least what I was trying to) described. Of course it wouldn’t get into the lug holes, I never suggested that.

Do not machine these wheels to fit, there isn't enough meat, it won't work.
Due to the shape and thickness of the wheel in that area machining it would blow the center right out.
I'm going to quote you and stop here.

I'm going to quote you and stop here.

Jesus H. Christ, I feel like I’m speaking to my ex here. I never implied that it would blow the entire center of the wheel out, lugs and all, that’s just how you chose to interpret it.

Do not machine these wheels to fit, there isn't enough meat, it won't work.

You can also just use a 1/4" slip on spacer for the front along with domed TRD caps like I do. The domed caps just barely fit with the 1/4" spacer.
Do you have a picture of the domed caps? Or part #?

If you end up not wanting to wait for spacers or go with something else, lmk. I have spacers, just lacking the rock warriors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom