Trd pro forged 17inch wheels on LC100? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Update 1: I bought the set today. They seem a little banged up. One of the tpms seemed weird (I’ll take a picture) but all in all I am excited to start this project on my Hulk (Green LC). Thanks for all the great advice so far. This community is amazing.

Hello everyone. Newby here. I'm contemplating a local deal on CR with these trd pro forged 17 wheels. I am not sure if they will fit my 2000 LC with a 2inch lift. They are asking $850 for a full set that has some curb rash but in overall good condition. Any advice?
Thank you!

Screenshot_20210930-161723_Outlook.jpg

Last edited:
Look for threads on Rock Warriors. They'll fit. Not a bad price, either, given what I've seen some go for.

Well, they kinda sorta almost fit…

(I believe that you’ll need to machine out the center to fit over the front hub, or run spacers.)

Look for threads on Rock Warriors. They'll fit. Not a bad price, either, given what I've seen some go for.
Thanks for the info.
Well, they kinda sorta almost fit…

(I believe that you’ll need to machine out the center to fit over the front hub, or run spacers.)
I'm learning I may need 1" spacers to use these. Thanks for the info.

You'll need the "slotted" front wheel spacers to clear the hub bolts on the front. I guess it would be possible to machine the backside of the wheel if you had the machining capability to do that. Slee or Spidertraxx I believe have them.
$850/set is the going price for Rock Warriors, many sets have sold for more.

Last edited:
You'll need the "slotted" front wheel spacers to clear the hub bolts on the front. I guess it would be possible to machine the backside of the wheel if you had the machining capability to do that. Slee or Spidertraxx I believe have them.
$850/set is the going price for Rock Warriors, many sets have sold for more.
Front spacers need to be slotted. The rears are without slots.

EAFC68A6-B7ED-4E22-8A92-6916AC53B91D.jpeg

1FED747C-8D0F-47A9-85A2-97F98DB4346A.jpeg

Do not machine these wheels to fit, there isn't enough meat, it won't work.

You can also just use a 1/4" slip on spacer for the front along with domed TRD caps like I do. The domed caps just barely fit with the 1/4" spacer.

I think he means the center section of the wheel is not thick enough to support milling/machine out to clear the hub and still be strong enough to support a beast.

Are these the slee branded 1" spacers you mentioned before? Last time I checked they were out of stock. What other options could I look into?
Yes, these are the Slee spacers. Bora spacers are also quality spacers. Both are on back order. I got mine form a MUD member and avoided the back order.

I think he means the center section of the wheel is not thick enough to support milling/machine out to clear the hub and still be strong enough to support a beast.
The part being bored out doesn't support any weight. The center bore is 110.5mm up until the outer lip/edge and shrinks to like 95mm. The lip needs to go.
Due to the shape and thickness of the wheel in that area machining it would blow the center right out.
Not true.

trdwheelboredcap2.jpg

trdwheelboredcap.jpg

trdwheelboredcap3.jpg

@bjowett

Tomorrow I'll snap a pic of wheel w/ the 100 series hub. I'm not sure if there are any caps that will fit over the floating 5 lug hub drive flange as it protrudes through the bore... but it is possible something exists.

The part being bored out doesn't support any weight. The center bore is 110.5mm up until the outer lip/edge and shrinks to like 95mm. The lip needs to go.

Not true.

trdwheelboredcap2.jpg

trdwheelboredcap.jpg

trdwheelboredcap3.jpg

@bjowett

What is not true? I said that if you bore it for clearance it will blow the center right out. @bjowett just took it a step further and machined the leftover huge hole for a much larger cap.

"Blow the center right out?" What are you talking about? Doesn't make sense. Why would anybody increase the wheel's center bore diameter more than the hub's diameter? We're talking about machining the outer part of the wheel (center bore) to clear the hub.

I'll draw it for you. Machine red portion. Done. Nothing will blow out.

Screenshot_20210930-161723_Outlook.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom