TRD FJcruiser rims on a 60? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Has anyone tried or thought about putting those TRD rims from an FJcruiser on their 60/62? post a pic? would it work? might look pretty decent. i have a friend who is about to sell his gunmetal rims off his new trd edition cruiser, i might be able to get them for a song.

thank ya thank ya

Last edited:
now i hadnt thought of that! thanks, guess id better wash my 60, so it wont stand out too bad when it goes strollin into the dealership.

are those the 16inch versions.... black steel wheels?

here they are, i think they might look good.
TRDRims.jpg

i think the large face and the lack or backspacing on the rims like that are ugly on a 60. case in point for instance are FZJ80 wheels on a 60 look horrible. and you need some massive spacers to fit those on the rig so to clear your TRE

Personally I think they are too modern to have any stylistic integrity on a 20-25 yr. old truck. Kinda hoopty.

That and the aforementioned giant spacers

Now, the bone stock steelies on the FJC look good on 60's, because they look old and simple.

The Stealer may have a set of "takeoffs" for you to try. Otherwise, check with a performance shop that deals in wheels. The better ones know what fits.

https://forum.ih8mud.com/60-series-wagons/238742-fj-cruiser-wheels-62-a.html

According to dshock, he didn't "have" to run spacers. He did say he had to do a little grinding. There is a picture there of the rims with the 1.5" spacers he runs. They are the regular rims and not the TRD edition (which appear to be a 16" and not a 17").

edit: it appears as if the TRD edition are 16" not 17" so I would say a spacer would then be required otherwise you will have tire rod end interference.

Last edited:
i think the large face and the lack or backspacing on the rims like that are ugly on a 60. case in point for instance are FZJ80 wheels on a 60 look horrible. and you need some massive spacers to fit those on the rig so to clear your TRE

I respectfully disagree. I think FZJ wheels look awesome on 60 series. You would have to run 1.25 to 1.5" spacers wich are not massive. Top Picture- I love the look of this rig.

I'm not sure I would like the FJ cruiser wheels on a 60 though. May be a bit too "Hoopty" as Trapper mentioned. Bottom Picture: Here is a rig with 17"s. Maybe with a lift?
FJ62 w 80 series wheels.jpg
fj60 w 17's.jpg

Last edited:
i guess i just like the old schoolm deep wheel look. i think the body style of the 60 does not support the large faced, deep inset wheel look of the cars of today. you get wheels that are disproportionate to the size of the body

I like the way that the stock alloy wheels (silver) look on the tan 60 with a lift. I think they may look funny on a dark color body. especially stock height, makes it look lowered (thus hoopty) Not sure. I think it comes down to preference of course. The gunmetal might look awesome on a blue or gray 60 with a lift and tires to match. I run 1/4 in spacer for my rockcrawlers and you can't tell. Can't comment on what 1-1 1/2 spacers look like on rigs.

well, hoopty is the last thing i want my cruiser to be. thought the gunmetal might look interesting on my dark blue/gray 60 with ome and 33s. but beginning to think otherwise. might mess around on photo shop to see if the effort of fitting is worth it.

i'd find the plain steel spare rims over the ones you showed pic of. I agree a bit too "bling" for an old cruiser. my .02

still worth trying some extra spares at teh stealership - then you know for sure. but from the other threads guys posted - looks like they should fit.

GL!

rob

Hey, follow your bliss, opinions are like assholes, everyones got one. I do like new "spare" steelies. Theres a Canuck that has them on his Diesel...(Can't remember the name) but it's not about what I think...It's about what makes you stare at it for a couple seconds too long as you're headed back inside the house.

2007 FJ Cruiser Wheels

Hey,
I've got an '84 60 with 2007 FJ Cruiser 17" wheels on it. They fit the lug pattern exactly, but the backspacing was a problem. It took half the drive home to realize that the tie rod ends were rubbing the rims whenever I turned hard. It cost $250 (at that time), but a set of 1.5" spacers fixed the problem and even made the rims look better because it brought them just about even with the fenders. I'm pretty stoked on the overall look. It's kind of a "new old school" thing. Of course, I don't have the TRDs... I say do it if you dig it, **** other what other people think.
Good luck,
RH01

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom