travel management workshops phase II (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
The SFNF began the second phase of workshops yesterday. I got a little briefing by one of the planners and he summed it up like this:
phase I was to gather input from public about what they want/don't want to happen
phase II is to say "this is what we think we heard from you" are we close?
phase III (july/august) I think will be to present a proposed action

not sure the rest of the timeline, but a decision will be made by end of FY 09 with maps printed and rules in place in Jan. 2010.

Input is still welcome at this point. In general there hasn't been any specific input regarding certain roads, trails, or areas that people want access or restriction to. I have no idea where the Forest is heading on this in terms of significant change from current.

Go here for a schedule, there are meetings in SF, LA, Wallatowa, and ABQ:
http://www.fs.fed.us/r3/sfe/

Wow - they've already had some. Have to get back out there to another one. Last time at Walatowa they (the fs peoople) were very friendly to 4wer's.

Hopefully we can get a better turn out this time.

My mission is to get Guaje open to the reservoir...

That would be cool to get it open. I overhead the planner yesterday talking to someone about travel, and heard him say they have had requests for "4wd challenge areas." Without something specific proposed, I don't know if there will be much action towards this type of thing. Maybe there needs to be a push for challenge trails around LA where there are people apparently willing to keep trails open and help out.

BTW, after the land exchange, there will only be an easement on 57, 442, 416V through the donated land--all that land is going to the County and the 2 pueblos, 3 sections E-W, and about 5 sections N-S from the current forest boundary with the county up to Santa Clara. The other 416 easement is retained exclusively so the private landowners can access their land once they are surrounded by pueblo land. The road from the cemetary will still be on FS land.

Wow - they've already had some. Have to get back out there to another one. Last time at Walatowa they (the fs peoople) were very friendly to 4wer's.

Hopefully we can get a better turn out this time.

My mission is to get Guaje open to the reservoir...

Last edited:
Travel Management Workshop Schedule

* 3/20, Pecos 6-8
* 3/21, Las Vegas 6-8
* 3/22, Mora 6-8
* 3/27, Santa Fe 6:30-8:30
* 3/28, Los Alamos 6-8
* 3/29, Espanola 6-8
* 4/24, Coyote 6-8
* 4/25, Cuba 6-8
* 4/26, Jemez 6-8
* 5/3, Albuquerque 6-8