Trashed Rim Repair? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Sunset South Carolina, Tamassee, South Carolina
Last may up in Tellico I trashed the bead seat on one of my rims. Aluminum 12" rim with 39.5 Boggers on it. Basically, I cut down a portion or the bead seat where it will no longer seat the tire bead properly or hold air.

Has anyone out there had similar damage on an aluminum rim and had it repaired? I''m thinking weld-up and re-turn?

I have had standard aluminum rims repaired in the past by a company here called Turback's (sp?). Basically just auto accident dings.

Jim,

I completely folded under my Trailready beadlock and cracked it with 6" cracks in 2 places and Tom at Sunray fixed it.

He heated the aluminum with a torch (anealed?) and then pounded it out straight.

It was truly amazing.

You need to find a tig welded in the area.

If it is not a high dollar rim (over $150) you will be better off trashing it though.

Yea, I thought about trashing it but haven't been able to find a replacement. Going to check with a buddie's shop and see if he can locate one for me. May take it over to the wheel refurbisher or welding shop and see what they think.

i got a roll of duct tape you can have but im only gonna give it to ya at Alpha Pit.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom