Transporting Hi-Lift Jack in/on your 100 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Im buying a hi-lift jack probably the 48" size unless I can figure out how to transport around the 60" model.
I'm looking for options that don't inlcude buying the new rear bumper, at least right now.
Do you guys attach it to the roof rack?
Keep it in the back?

Thanks again,

Hoser,
Christo's site says that the hi-lift mount is for the 80 series. Will it work for a 100 too?

Edit: Never mind, I'm retarded. I went to the Yakima site and I see that you just have to get the Mighty mounts that mount to the 100 roof rack.

Last edited:
It says "Fits 1991-1997 FZJ80 Land Cruisers with factory roof rack or aftermarket cross bars." I am guessing if it fits aftermarket bars, it should fit 100 series bars. Call Slee. I don't need these, I have a Slee bumper!!

I can fit a 60" sideways in the footwell of the second row (on the 80). I bolt it down.

I would be *very* careful about putting it lengthwise on the roof. If you were to brake hard or rear end somebody you now have a potential javelin being flung off your roof into the other guy's car.... Better use serious mounts...

Last edited:
If safety is the concern, I'd have the jack on the outside rather than the inside. It's mounted with two 1/2" bolts. I don't think its likely to go anywhere unless you flipped the vehicle or knocked it off going into a low clearance garage.
hilift.jpg
hilift4.jpg

stewbo said:
Im buying a hi-lift jack probably the 48" size unless I can figure out how to transport around the 60" model.
I'm looking for options that don't inlcude buying the new rear bumper, at least right now.
Do you guys attach it to the roof rack?
Keep it in the back?

Thanks again,

If your truck is stock, then a hi-lift jack is going to do you no good. No place to hook it up to. So you can either get bumpers that allow you to jack the truck up, or go for an exhaust jack.

"I have a brush guard on the front so i was thinking of using the bumper attachment for that.

Let me know if i'm headed in the wrong direction"

That would be the wrong direction. The stock bumper and the brush guard will not support the weight of the vehicle.

I like mine on my rack.........oh but its not the OEM rack.....its a Outback Rack :D
115549800.jpg

Greg B said:
Showoff! :flipoff2: I'm just jealous. :frown:

I am waiting for my Outback 1/2 rack in the next shipment... I guess I am on Christo's list, but the boat doesn't arrive state side till like March 2006:crybaby:

Just order that Slee rr bumper then you'll have a GREAT place to put the Hi-Lift (48 or 60):grinpimp: Ask me how I know:cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom