Transmissions: a442 vs a343 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yeah if there is a fairly easy way to do it I say absolutely go for it. I thought for sure there would be a way to do it with the 1FZ using Toyota parts since the A750 on paper was designed to be very close dimensionally to the A343, but unfortunately we were not able to make it happen. If you do please document it. Thanks!

Micro Squirt is fine (first time I hear about it), but I dont see it as able to be used with an A750F, besides, my 80, it is pricier, but I think it should be betteras for keeping it all Toyota (!)

Money is always an issue, but I want to do it, just need to get an A750F to see the bolting holes properly, if it is as I have been researching, then it would be a done deal...
There's no doubt it's possible.

I saw that, but as I said, engines...that guy's isn't what I have...mine is a 1HD-T, I believe his is a 1HD-FT...but...blocks should be the same, therefore no probs!

As long as you can get them to cut you the adapters.

"After a couple of weeks of CAD drawing and laser cutting all the adapters and spacers to get them spot on, we finally had it finished…. well mechanically anyway."

yup, I read that...but not sure what adapters he refers to...no matter, just going to find an A750F, I have a spare bellhouse, so i will measure it on the spot...if it is close, it will be done...if needs many mods...it will also be done, but will take longer...

As long as you can get them to cut you the adapters.

"After a couple of weeks of CAD drawing and laser cutting all the adapters and spacers to get them spot on, we finally had it finished…. well mechanically anyway."
You can buy the whole kit from them. It's not cheap, but if you really want an A750f behind your Toyota diesel all it takes is a CC number.

Also, in the context of that blog post, it seems to me he is referring to the spacer/adapter needed to move the crossmember not adapt the transmission to the engine.

if it is the cross member part, I'm good then...to start I have an A442F, it is larger that an H151F, so replacing it with an A750F should be fairly simple...I've been busting my head over this for a while...need to make all the correct moves, as wife will be very upset if inside "it does not look well" she doesn't care much about what it does or what is it for, it needs to look good...my car is a daily driver, currently with about 730K kilometers on clock...when it reaches a mill will post...I'm the second owner for 16 years now

Well here is the reply from Rodney in Australia about the conversion. There is nothing about it that sounds cheap. Lol.

*****************************************************************************************************************************************
I don’t know what your budget is like so I have included 2 different options below where I hope that one will suit you perfectly. I have also attached our 4 page brochure.

1/ You can see if you can find a good second hand 100 series 1HD-FTE 5 Speed auto complete with drive plate assembly and transmission cooler and we can supply the rest.

We will supply the following:

Computer System, Heavy Duty Tip Tronic Nomad “or” Extreme Valve Body Assembly, Wiring Harness, Console Display, Lock-Up Switch, 3 Bar Map Sensor, TPS Switch and Mounting Brackets, Complete Centre Console with Tip Tronic T.bar Assembly, Hi/Low Lever Bracket, Rubber Cooler Line, 4 X Stainless Steel Hose Clamps and Chassis to Cross Member Plates $8500 inc gst + plus freight if required.

You will need to supply the following:

Second hand 5 Speed A750F Automatic Transmission from 100 series 1HD-FTE including Torque Convertor, Drive Plate Assembly, Engine to Transmission Sandwich Plate and Automatic Brake Pedal and Oil Cooler Assembly from the 80 series 1HDT or 1HD-FT. You will also need to change the tail shafts to auto from the auto Land Cruiser that is the same as yours.

“Or”

2/ The complete Heavy Duty “Genuine” Toyota 5 Speed A750 Automatic Transmission conversion with Heavy Duty Nomad Valve Body and Billet Torque Convertor pre-dyno tested is $17,900 inc gst “Not Fitted”.

OR $22,950.00 fitted in our Melbourne workshop

Wholesale Automatic Transmissions

The 5 Speed Conversion Includes:

Heavy Duty Toyota Diesel 5 Speed Overdrive Automatic Transmission

Nomad Tip Tronic Valve Body Assembly

Toyota 1HD-FTE Diesel Bell Housing (Suits all Toyota 6cly Diesels)

Heavy Duty Recalibrated Nomad Valve Body Assembly

1HD-FTE Diesel Torque Convertor (Suits all Toyota 6cly Diesels)

Toyota Drive Plate Assembly

2 X Extra Large Oil Coolers

Cooler Lines , Fittings Etc

Inhibitor Switch Assembly

Toyota Tip Tronic T.bar

Centre Console Assembly

Separate Noise Reduction Layer

Carpet Floor Mats

Wide Automatic Style Brake Pedal

Chassis Cross-member Plate

New Rear Rubber Mount

Throttle Position Switch and Mounting Plate Etc

Hi Low Lever Mounting Bracket

Full Synthetic Oil

Stand Alone Transmission ECU

Wiring Harness

Dash Display/Programmer

*Lock-Up Manual Control for 100% Engine Braking At The Touch Of A Button

*Built In Temp Gauge

*Fully Adjustable To Your Own Requirements

*Australian Back Up & Technical Support

***You will need to modify both front and rear tail-shafts to suit***

Freight via TNT/NQX Road Express is $385 inc gst (Insured).

Ok...they are doing an overkill, but I get it...so...an used A750F will run me down about $600 and the wiring is like $1500...will need the shifter that may be somewhere like $100 ballpark? so...all that being said, it will cost me about $2500 for any otherthing I may need...not bad really

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom