Transmission (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.lentelconstruction.com
Ok guys this may be a silly question but I have never had to check the transmission fluid in my '94 80. I can't seem to find the dip stick. Can someone take a photo of it and post it please? I am driving from Vancouver to Phoenix with the family and we are currently in Idaho. I am hoping the fluid I see under the 80 is a combination of overflow from having the tranny refilled before we left and driving a hard 500 miles through some mountain areas yesterday.

Going to wash it off this morning and hit the first rest area to see where we are at.

Cheers.

20190316_191036.jpg

20190316_191030.jpg

20190316_191022.jpg

You can see it down below the manifold, it’s that reddish orange handle. Or whatever color. I’m color blind. Lol. Not being condescending, just making sure you know to check it with the fluid to operating temp and engine running?
26EB7E20-9B01-449E-9CFA-8571333E4447.jpeg

You can see it down below the manifold, it’s that reddish orange handle. Or whatever color. I’m color blind. Lol. Not being condescending, just making sure you know to check it with the fluid to operating temp and engine running? View attachment 1929511
Thank you. I will look in that area again. I am wanting to drive to the next rest area for that reason of getting the temp up but thanks for the reminder.

Pressure washed the fluid off and drive 20 miles. No new fluid and found the dip stick. Unfortunately when I had someone install the winch control 8 years ago they installed it in a convenient spot :)

20190317_092417.jpg

Keep in mind that red ATF dripping from underneath could be a power steering line leak or other issue.

After checking things out o believe the issue was an overflow/breather issue, or I hope that's what it was. Everything seems fine as we are now in Salt Lake City. Yesterday it didn't show up until our last stop where I literally rolled into a gas station un fumes. The last mile on the interstate I was driving on the shoulder shifting back and forth from drive to neutral to coast as much as possible. Maybe that causes an issue.

Are you positive it's oil and not Toyota Red coolant?

If it's oil, it can be he trans oil cooler, hoses.

Or it's he PS pump rear plug or hoses.

Are you positive it's oil and not Toyota Red coolant?

If it's oil, it can be he trans oil cooler, hoses.

Or it's he PS pump rear plug or hoses.

Definitely was oil. We are now at our destination for the night in Kanab, Utah and haven't had any issues today. Thanks everyone for the advise. Great to be part of this group with so many willing to help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom