Transmission tunnel to step measurement? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm looking to get a measurement for the distance between the step that the back of the front seats rest on and the back of the transmission tunnel in an early model fj40? Also curious if anyone has used thier steel oem transmission tunnel with an aluminum tub?

I'm looking to get a measurement for the distance between the step that the back of the front seats rest on and the back of the transmission tunnel in an early model fj40? Also curious if anyone has used thier steel oem transmission tunnel with an aluminum tub?
I have used my stock steel transmission tunnel with the aluminum tub. You have to do some mods to the original trans tunnel as the aqualu tub has a totally flat floor and the original trans tunnel is made to fit the stock floor which has some rises. It took some time but wasn't really hard if you have a oxy/acetelene torch to heat and shape the metal, and are able to weld and do basic fabrication. Click on the link to my build thread below if you want to see some of the process. The stock aqualu tunnel is so small it would be tough to pull the transfercase out without removing the body or lowering the rear of the driveline about 12 inches by removing motor mounts or something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom