Transmission TSB? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Ok, I can’t find a post that had a link with a TSB about transmission service, IIRC someone called it a recall. I searched for both TSB and recall.
The post mentioned that it helped with first to second gear shift etc. I also couldn’t find it looking through all 6 pages either. Can someone help me find this?
I also tried alldata and now they want you to join to get the TSB’s. :mad:

OK...to revive this a bit. My problem occurs when I'm in low range, CDL locked and in second gear. I want 1st gear for more power...but even after selecting 1st gear and the right pedal mashed to the floor it will not always kick down to 1st. Doesn't happen all the time but has happened a couple times on very steep uphills (exactly where/when I need 1st gear). I have had the above scenario play out, right pedal mashed, 1st gear selected and after 15-20 seconds it will finally kick down to 1st from 2nd. The common denominator when this occurs is when crawling up a steep off-road trail.

FYI: I can get it in to 1st gear on moderate climbs or any down hill without issue...

Anyone else experience this?

I should have added: It seems to only occur when I am pulling the trailer.

Last edited:
OK...to revive this a bit. My problem occurs when I'm in low range, CDL locked and in second gear. I want 1st gear for more power...but even after selecting 1st gear and the right pedal mashed to the floor it will not always kick down to 1st. Doesn't happen all the time but has happened a couple times on very steep uphills (exactly where/when I need 1st gear). I have had the above scenario play out, right pedal mashed, 1st gear selected and after 15-20 seconds it will finally kick down to 1st from 2nd. The common denominator when this occurs is when crawling up a steep off-road trail.

FYI: I can get it in to 1st gear on moderate climbs or any down hill without issue...

Anyone else experience this?

Seems like a good question for Orto at Wholesale Automatics.

http://www.automatictransmission.com.au/askorto.asp

Found a TSB for 2004-5, but it is for shudder in 5th gear.

TSB TC001-05.

(I don't have access to alldata.com currently; there may be other TSBs...I just happened to have this one still laying around from a few years ago.)

The fix involves R&R transmission (TSB second page...not shown here.)
LX470 TSB TC001_05.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom