Transmission & Transfer Case fill plugs?

Visit site
Another FJ40 Newbie stumbling his way through a lube change. Just drained the transmission and transfer case and need to refill. I believe that I've found the fill plug for the transmission, but cannot seem to find one for the transfer case? Am I not seeing something or do they somehow share a common fill plug? If I'm not mistaken, I think that the fill plug is in the top left quadrant of the transmission when viewing from the rear of the vehicle. :dunno:

Visit site
That is where I thought my transmission fill plug was KC Chevota, but that confirms it - thanks. Still can't seem to see the one for the transfer case. &nbsp:Definitely don't see anything on the backside of the transfer case the that is the same size as the drain plugs?

Visit site
On my 79 and 69 t-case the fill plug is on the back of the case. The fill plug on mine were not the same size as the drain plug, they were 19mm i think. The fill plug is directly below the tranny output shaft cover and are recessed in the case, so maybe yours are covered with mud etc.
Good Luck
Jesse

Visit site
Thanks - think I got it. Either that or I just put quite a bit of 80W-90 somewhere else in the transfer case! I was looking for a plug the same size as the drain plug but now realize that it is about 2/3 the size. :G

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom