Transmission Transfer Case Drop Needed? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Backstory: I have a 97 LC that I recently added a 4" Ironman FCP lift to. It came with new panhard bars, caster correction plates, control arm drops, sway bar drops, upper and lower trailing arms, etc.

After install the car was shaking pretty bad and I brought it in to Toyota to troubleshoot and fix. There were a number of issues that they fixed that the lift "brought to life" so-to-say. One thing that cannot fix is some small vibration at low speeds due to angle of the drive shaft into the pinion on the differential and they've suggested that I need to drop the transfer case to correct the angle to fix that. I have looked around and I haven't found anyone mentioning ever dropping the transfer case. Any ideas what I can do to fix?

Thanks

check drive shaft phase and correct. toyota for some reason put the front drive shaft out of phase on later models. it works at stock height but is no good with a lift. it will be the front. what part of MO ? I'm in south KC run a small LC specialty shop

check drive shaft phase and correct. toyota for some reason put the front drive shaft out of phase on later models. it works at stock height but is no good with a lift. it will be the front. what part of MO ? I'm in south KC run a small LC specialty shop
South of Springfield.

Is that an easy fix and something your shop may be able to help me with?

8 bolts 14mm. You will have to grind one of the open ended wrench sides down to fit. I was wondering why I had done that to a perfectly good wrench. Thanks for the reminder.

Other than the 14mm bolts being really tight it’s not bad.

Also did you get the kit with adjustable rear arms links.

might need to do some alignment there as well to make sure your pinions are parallel

This is the first time I've heard of having to drop the T/C for any amount of lift. Why is that?
If the issue is angle on the drive shaft, wouldn't a d/c fix that? Seems the general consensus.

This is the first time I've heard of having to drop the T/C for any amount of lift. Why is that?
If the issue is angle on the drive shaft, wouldn't a d/c fix that? Seems the general consensus.
he's not. that's what the stealership told him. we've talked and he's going to come up to KC for a good once over soon to get it dialed in.

D/C is what people jump to instead of addressing the issue. I've pulled so many failed D/C shafts and put stock shaft in correct phase without any vibration . D/C in most applications is overkill and a waist of money.

I'll be giving you a call this morning, CJ to find a time that works for me to come by.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom