Transmission stuck in 1st unless cycle through 3 / 2 / L (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Recently rebuilt transmission with new governor (A442F in an HDJ81). This only happens when the truck is started for the first time of the day. It sticks in first gear and will only begin shifting normally in D if I cycle through 3 / 2 / or L first.

Is this a kickdown cable issue or maybe the governor isn't working correctly? No problems whatsoever once I cycle through the lower gears...

Does it shift if you take your foot off of the skinny pedal as if driving a manual stick shift.
One of mine likes to stay in first unless I let off the fuel.

Does it shift if you take your foot off of the skinny pedal as if driving a manual stick shift.
One of mine likes to stay in first unless I let off the fuel.

No, it does not shift even if I bring it up to 3500 RPMs and take my foot off the pedal. It really does require moving through at least 1 lower gear (like bumping it into 3) to get it shifting normal in D. Its so weird.

Who rebuilt it?

A local shop. Its warrantied for 6 months so I can take it back, but i'd prefer not to given the current public health situation. If it's addressable, id be happy to do it (i.e. kickdown cable), but if it's not then I really have no choice but to have them take another look.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom