Transmission Shifting issues - A442F Transmission Solenoids Replacements (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

ECT functioning propperly means the transmission is getting power and signal. Did this happen before you replaced the filter?

Have you pulled your engine codes? some may be on without illuminating the CEL.

I'm thinking there is a communication issue between the ECU, TCU and transmission when selecting drive, so I'd focus on that electrical pathway
Hi again smoking rocks...I agree....in my case, I am getting a DTC 81 with the autodiagnostic funtion, represents "open circuit between ECM and TCM in the ECT1 unit" says....also I discovered I have the number 63,65 and 86 DTC s for the electronic trans..fixed the speedo, but also a lot of other issues remain

Hi everyone...need some advice...urgently....shifthing problems with my 442f transmition made me resarch with my autodiagnostic tranny tool found out solenoids failing codes, took of the pan got out all 4 solenoids, performed the resistance test and all of them are showing 12.7 ohms seems fine, but when I apply 12 volts to all of them, none make no noise or Cliking at all ? They block the air, when you apply air to them (air test) but NO CLICKING AT ALL. ARE THEY FAILING???
ALSO, has anyone attemped to reacondition them? Thank you
I didn't test mine, I just replaced them since they were so cheap ($70 for all 4). Isuzu uses the exact same solenoids and they're made by the same company.

Isuzu part numbers and quantity:

2x Isuzu 8-97202072-0 Transmission Solenoid (Shift 1 & 2)​

1x Isuzu 8-97202073-0 Transmission Solenoid (Lockup)​

1x Isuzu 8-97202074-0 Transmission Solenoid (Timing)​

Sorry I can't help with testing or renewing them. From what I've seen, they can appear to be functioning, but are gummed up inside and cause weird issues.

Hi everyone...need some advice...urgently....shifthing problems with my 442f transmition made me resarch with my autodiagnostic tranny tool found out solenoids failing codes, took of the pan got out all 4 solenoids, performed the resistance test and all of them are showing 12.7 ohms seems fine, but when I apply 12 volts to all of them, none make no noise or Cliking at all ? They block the air, when you apply air to them (air test) but NO CLICKING AT ALL. ARE THEY FAILING???
ALSO, has anyone attemped to reacondition them? Thank you
Hi, what happened? Did you resolve your problem?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom