Transmission shift issues (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I replaced all 4 trans solenoids with the Isuzu ones that are available on eBay right now. I did it because i had to manually shift 1st, to 2nd, then drive... now at a stand still, I shift to drive and it goes into 1st and revs up to ~2000 then shifts to second, only to then shift back to first and rev to ~2600rpm then shift again into 2nd. It also will not down shift even if I press the throttle pedal to the floor (In any gear). Does anyone know what is going on? Any help is much appreciated.

The trans throttle/kick-down cable may need to be adjusted. Have you verified the fluid level?

Could also check the TPS:

TPS = Throttle position sensor, see the link I posted above.

I inspected the TPS. It looks clean so didn’t replace. Also checked the throttle cable and found it completely detached at the throttle body. Looks like I found the source of my issue. I’ll reattach this afternoon and test.

I had the same issue, mine is a diesel turbo, but it is the same A442F...the TPS was looking good and had no problems, thing was the conection to the transmission, follow the cable that plugs to the TPS, and it should go to yet a bigger plug, see if it is properly attached or poor conductivity

So I reattached and took a ride. There is no appreciable change in performance. Next step is to change the throttle position sensor. If that doesn’t work it has to be wiring... I hope it’s not that...

So I reattached and took a ride. There is no appreciable change in performance. Next step is to change the throttle position sensor. If that doesn’t work it has to be wiring... I hope it’s not that...
I have a similar issue, did you ever find the solution?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom