Transmission revese loss of power (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So Im new to the fj80 world. Bought a lx450 a month ago. Great project,great hobby. Love this truck. Now the issue is the loss of power on the incline into drive way. Ive waited a few then tried and same effect. engage 4low and all good. But 4h and to much power equals loss of power. Wondering how anyone has solved this with a full blown rebuild?

Huh?

how has someone solved with full rebuild? Suppose you might mean without? There is a TSB out on the missing check valve balls in the valve body of earlier transmissions. Late 97 had all the upgrades. I don’t have all the date ranges handy but it’s avail here. Could follow tab and add The missing pieces or procure a used trans and r n r. Mine does this now as well.

the odd part is low range allowing power to get to wheels. That’s usually an indicator of worn drive flanges.
Any noise associated with loss of power?

Without any truck Info listed guessing yours is a 96?

Yep a 96. Forgot to add the info. I need to crawl underneath and get the numbers of the tranny. But yes there is a noise associated with the loss of power.
I found a used tranny, say rebuilt before a rollover accident....600bucks. I just hate to buy someone else problems.

And congrats and welcome too btw :)

sounds like the valve body issue.
Here is an older thread but good info. Just no pics. There was a more recent thread that’s worth searching for. Valve body. Balls. TSB. May work

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom