Transmission probs (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello,
Got a 1995 DIESEL 1hdft 80 series Lc.Transmission used to do hard downshifts.Was advised to try changing the throttle position sensor.Got a new one and now it changes to 4th gear directly from 2nd after doing a jerky shift.1st to 2nd is ok.Do i need to now try a new transmission controller or what?I couldnt find the ruddy thing tho i did locate the cruise controller and the transmission relay.Any ideas?

Not sure if the trans you have in your truck is the same as what we use in the states. With lots of miles on an automatic trans some people have had good luck fixing shift problems by replacing the electric shift solenoids in their transmissions. They are located under the transmission pan. Below is a thread that may help you.
1601319103220.png

Yes solenoids could also be a prob.I did clean the filter but forgot to check the solenoids for functionality....trying to eliminate electrical probs before going to the gearbox ....

Could try adjusting the kickdown cable, if your tranny has one.

The problem was a faulty tps sensor and the idiotic mechanics installing it wrong to boot!.Instead of mounting it preloading it against the actuator pin they would just plonk it on top of the pump.Finally figured it out myself!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom