Transmission Problems (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a 90 fj62. It is primarily my winter rig and wheeler in the summer. I just replaced the rear drums, shoes and lines. And today my transmission starts acting up. It won't shift from 1st and reverse doesn't work so well. Am I low on tranny fluid or is it time for a new tranny? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I can't help much, but mine started doing something similar last summer. It would shift from 1st only using the gear shifter. The problems started after my wife drove for ? miles with the high trans temp light on. I assumed it was shot and put in a used tranny I got for $400. If it was only a valve body problem, a mechanic may have been able to fix for cheaper but I never had it looked at.

Checking the fluid level would be a good start. Changing the fluid and cleaning the filter would be worth trying before replacing the whole thing.

thats part of my problem. I don't have much knowledge about toyota's, but my mechanical knowledge is fine. how and where do I check the fluid level? I have a haynes coming tomorrow but I would like to get this fixed asap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom