Transmission Problem: (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am having issues with my drive train. While in "D" my vehicle goes in "L" simultaneously and become very heavy (D & L at the same time, both lights are on). If i shift it to "2", it becomes little lighter as if running in 2nd gear and never goes in higher gear either. Can anyone tell me if this is a common issue or my automatic transmission is going bad.

What year, what engine, what trans?

I am having issues with my drive train. While in "D" my vehicle goes in "L" simultaneously and become very heavy (D & L at the same time, both lights are on). If i shift it to "2", it becomes little lighter as if running in 2nd gear and never goes in higher gear either. Can anyone tell me if this is a common issue or my automatic transmission is going bad.

EEHH what aboot the year it was made EH they had several different trannies Eh :flipoff2:

Might be the neutral switch or the brake light switch, check those first, and the shifter detent might be worn and lets the shifter float

I was under my truck yesterday looking at the linkage and noticed I had a worn bushings from the shift linkage to the transmission linkage. Shifter is very floppy.

I'd check all those for play

I was under my truck yesterday looking at the linkage and noticed I had a worn bushings from the shift linkage to the transmission linkage. Shifter is very floppy.

I'd check all those for play

That might be part of it talk to @NLXTACY he has/had those bushings

This is likely the NSS. That is what sends the signals to both the dash tally lamps and the ECU to let everyone know what position the shift lever is in. If the ECU is getting false information as it is displayed on the dash tallies, then it has no idea what to do and random shift solenoids are getting fired.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom