Transmission not shifting (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
When in drive it staying in 3rd ...I have to use low then 2nd then pop into drive in order to move .
What could be the issue .
I've put new clutches and throttle position sensor.
Thought I might be TPS in wrong position

If you want help, your going to have to tell us what year your 80 is. I'm assuming it a 80 because your in the 80 section

sounds to me like your electrical connections didnt make it back together. you said you just did clutches so whole trans out? electrical didn't get connected when i t went together. firm click to lock not just together ask how I know. don't relay on visual take apart and put them back together. they are not in an easy to access spot.

Sorry its 1995
Is it a Gas/petrol or diesel? If you look on the door card it will tell you which transmission is in it. If it’s an A442F I would say it’s definitely the shift solenoids. Since you’re in Zimbabwe it maybe a different transmission than here in the states. I had the same problem with mine and once the solenoids were replaced it works perfectly.

Is it a Gas/petrol or diesel? If you look on the door card it will tell you which transmission is in it. If it’s an A442F I would say it’s definitely the shift solenoids. Since you’re in Zimbabwe it maybe a different transmission than here in the states. I had the same problem with mine and once the solenoids were replaced it works perfectly.
Diesel A442F thanks I will replace the solonoids

These mitsubishi Solenoids Are the same and will save you over the Toyota ones. You can find them on line.
1584458463569.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom