Wanted Transmission input shaft (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Downey

SILVER Star
Threads
Lame-o me posted this in the axles section, should have been here in the tranny section. I need a 3 speed or 4 speed tranny input shaft, the gear can be poo poo, I only need the front 6" with the 10 splined for a project, I can cut off the gear- - -easy deal.

Assuming h42? Might have one I can cut up. Seems like an odd request whats in the works?

I obtained a Marks V8 adapter (Australian), but it is missing the front input spud shaft that routes back to the stock Landcruiser 4 speed input shaft. if I can get the front end of a stock input shaft I can make the rest/complete the spud shaft. Attempted to get the missing shaft from Australia ($800.00 plus) and AA ($400.00 plus), can easily make this shaft for far less $$$.

Last edited:
I’ve got one for you Jim.

Always happy to help out one of our OGs!!!!!

Georg @ Valley Hybrids @ Cruiser Brothers

Thanks Georg, lemme know how to proceed to get it, I can certainly PayPal some funds.

Shmukster, I haven’t heard back from Georg yet, so will definitely hang on to your offer for awhile, many thanks.

Shmukster, I haven’t heard back from Georg yet, so will definitely hang on to your offer for awhile, many thanks.

Sorry crazy busy week.

I’ll look for an input shaft ( or two ) tomorrow.

Will this work?

image.jpg

Should be fine G. See post #3. If I understood Jim correctly, the plan is to stuff a few inches of the shaft, along with a machined down center section of a clutch disc, into a stepped sleeve to make a spud shaft.

If he’s still got access to the guy who did the welding for him at Downey, it will be NASCAR bulletproof. He was a natural, like Simon.😉

Georg, I think I gave you my address, but just in case: Jim Sickles, 2365 Sweetwater Dr., Brea, Calif 92821.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom