Transmission help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I just returned from a week of physical therapy essentially relearning how to walk with my external prosthetic. So super stoked I can walk without pain and do most things in life again! However I just drove my cruiser today and my fears where confirmed, i can't really engage the clutch anymore. It was moderately scary. So I am looking at maybe getting a automatic in.

Here are some details on the truck: LHD, 12ht, with a 5 spd manual.

I know that the 12ht motor itself has some different components for the tranny as well. Has anyone mated a 12ht with a 80 series auto?

Anything helps, just trying to run through ideas.

Truly sorry about the setback :(
Really your best bet is to sell the vehicle you’ve got and buy another within your budget that you can comfortably drive.
Swapping an automatic transmission into a manual transmission cruiser is no small feat.

Truly sorry about the setback :(
Really your best bet is to sell the vehicle you’ve got and buy another within your budget that you can comfortably drive.
Swapping an automatic transmission into a manual transmission cruiser is no small feat.
this is becoming more and more a sad reality. I had searched for 5 years for a LHD 60.

There are tons of people here on mud looking to do an H55F swap. Find one of those people, and do a swap with them? You get their A440F, t-case, driveshafts, linkages, pedals, shifter, crossmember. They get your H55F, pedal assembly, shifter, t-case, driveshafts, crossmember.

I think the only thing you'd actually need to find would be the H12T flexplate and torque converter. I'm like 95% sure a 3FE A440F will bolt up to your engine, but someone else will need to verify.

Keep digging and make it happen. It won't be done in an afternoon, but there are so many projects on this site far crazier than this idea, I find it hard to believe you can't swap it. @Lead Head advice seems like a good place to start. Good luck!

Would a vacuum clutch booster be of any assistance.. or are the issues beyond that?

Actually thinking about it, there are also hand-clutch systems/kits. One of those coupled with a factory vacuum clutch booster may be the ticket.
ya i thought about that too. Looked into and thats primarily getting into a sequential transmission and just as expensive as just doing an auto swap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom