Transmission covers -tunnels

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I obtained a trans cover for a 71 fj40 but not fitting contours to floor are off. I checked my friends 1970 and the coutour are not the same as one i got. Countors on passenger side not as deep Now the back end on both covers are same. Was wondering could the one i got be from a bj40. ? I thought 68-72 all same

What you have is probably older. I show 3/69-9/72 being the except for floor shift and PTO options. Later were longer. Harder looking up earlier parts since Toyota dropped those from the system years ago. I have a 65 FJ45LP-B transmission hump which matched my 68 FJ40 except being longer. I know my 68 FJ40 is the same as.my 70 FJ40. Yours is probably older than that.

Was tub changed.
B1F392F9-0B53-4EB4-8BDA-500832D172EC.png

1D004272-AC05-4C0B-ABA6-73192DB4AB2E.jpeg

1/4 diff in hieght at the floor contour. Has to have larger coutour to match hump in floor. The top one is the original one to truck but it messed up thays whu I bought other one I also confirmed on my friends truck his tunnel also has deeper contour. Could this be from a 45. It also seems longer on firewall. Its a mystery. U have one can buy lol

Show us pics of your whole floor and the whole tunnel. Not sure how you want us to help you with the pics provided

You did say this one did not match a known 70 tunnel cover? Foot print of 70 should match 71. So should the floor. That raised section is for the diaphragm on vacuum shifter. Picture of the your floor may clear things up a little.

A 45 cover is longer and not cut short on the back. It continues to the floor and has a lip just like the rest of the cover.

This is the tunnel where it meets floor The i e i got u can see by measurements has less of a cut out. By 1/4. Measures frim a flat surface off truck

Pictures of the Tunnel in question would help. I guess the white is the one we are discussing ?

The white tunnel was just a example of the correct contour. If u look at other pics the ine i bought shows “ gap for floor on passenger side and the original one shows 1/4” higher. Forcthat contour the contour im measuring i circled in red. On white one u get what im talking about. So the one I bought that only has 1” contour wint seat flat on floor. No enuf contour for that bump in floor

The white tunnel was just a example of the correct contour. If u look at other pics the ine i bought shows “ gap for floor on passenger side and the original one shows 1/4” higher. Forcthat contour the contour im measuring i circled in red. On white one u get what im talking about. So the one I bought that only has 1” contour wint seat flat on floor. No enuf contour for that bump in floor
Place cover on flat cement floor and measure gap. The. 1” gap notclike the 1 1/4 “ original. So what cover did i buy ???

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom