Transmission Cooler for HDJ81 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I was wondering if anyone has installed a transmission cooler for an HDJ81. Could you please post your setup, what make, part no. , where did you buy it from and if you have any pictures/instructions for the setup that'll be great too..

:cheers:

Both of my 80's have the Tru-Cool.

Here is the E bay link

The install is easy and will take about 1 1/2 hours.

Cheers,

LandCrusher80

I also have the Tru-cool. Been very happy with it. I don't have any good pics, but I got the second biggest one (I think its about 8" x 11" and it fits nicely in front of the rad on the left side.

I just wish I had installed the trans temp guage before the cooler, not the other way around!!!

-Jason

I got the cooler through Gregg's distributing. I don't know where their retail outlet is, since we deal with them at work.

The guage came form Piers Diesel in Pt Kells. It was only about $65. Isspro with a full sweep. (many trans guages are only 90 deg sweep)

-Jason

I got the cooler through Gregg's distributing. I don't know where their retail outlet is, since we deal with them at work.

The guage came form Piers Diesel in Pt Kells. It was only about $65. Isspro with a full sweep. (many trans guages are only 90 deg sweep)

-Jason

I know where Gregg's is. They are just off of 200th on 96th (19632 96 Avenue). They also have a good stock of 24V bulbs. I have yet to make it in there because they are a Mon-Fri and only open until 5:00 PM. Holidays are coming up next week so i should be able to get in there. Thx for the info

B&M oil cooler in my case ..

main.php

now PS oil cooler ..

They specify it's for 5/16 or 3/8" cooler lines so I'm assuming they're supplying hose barb fittings for each. Either way, a quick trip to the hardware store and you can get whatever you need. You're just going to cut the rubber hose near your radiator and run it in series there.

I'm just going to measure and see if I need the small one or if I can fit the medium one in there. My liquid-air intercooler core and water pump take up half the space already...

For the guys who are using the Tru-Cool, do you know the model number?
I went to their website and there are numerous models and no application guide.. Did you need any extra fittings or is it a bolt-on installation??
Trucool LPD Heavy Duty transmission coolers: transmissioncoolers.us

Thanks..

Landcrusher80, according to the link in his post, got this one: Tru-Cool LPD, thick cooler & standard installation kit: transmissioncoolers.us

Interesting to see it a fair bit cheaper on the site you found than fleebay. I can't compare the price with Gregg's. Seems their on-line cat is out of order.

yes i have the tanden 8x11 on the upper side with a supra inter cooler bellow work better but i also removed my ac rad being i never used ac

Pics are dead, and link is too. Any chance you still have these pics around that you could post up?
Guess I'll have the problem myself also!

Me too

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom