Builds transforming the dent (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Pic 1 plus Pic 2 equals???:hmm:

the dent.jpg

cruiser3.jpg

Cylinder 1- 160
Cylinder 2- 110
Cylinder 3-160
Cylinder 4-145
Cylinder 5-135
Cylinder 6-165
These are the numbers they gave me

Who gave them to you and which vehicle are they from

Guy i bought the truck from give them to me. My thing is according to them it only ran on 1 and 2 which to me sounds impossible. In a week or two i am gonna put the dent beside it and make sure they do not have something hooked up wrong and go from there. I bought it for the body but it would be nice if it would run on its own...

Guy i bought the truck from give them to me. My thing is according to them it only ran on 1 and 2 which to me sounds impossible. In a week or two i am gonna put the dent beside it and make sure they do not have something hooked up wrong and go from there. I bought it for the body but it would be nice if it would run on its own...

gabe do you have a compression tester? I'd do my my own check dry first and then wet if you have any cycl. that are low..... I wouldn't trust some elses numbers :beer:

no but i am going to get dohcdelsol to come out and help me one day. He just does not know it yet.:hillbilly: I totally agree with you on the trust thing.

would be happy as a lark to have it looking like this

1_1.jpg

Finished the dent up today and took it around the block. Ran great but.....apparently i do not have the bolts torqued down enough. Leaks everywhere, going to get a torgqe wrench today or tommorow. Mostly leaking at the covers on the back and the side of the case.

Also took a couple more of the tan one. Looked around the engine but not gonna start fooling with it just yet.

IMG_2271.jpg

IMG_2272.jpg

IMG_2273.jpg

and finally

IMG_2274.jpg

IMG_2276.jpg

man that was a score Gabe!! When you start parting things out let me know as I'd love the axles, pedal bucket, clutch master and slave, etc.
might have to work out some sort of trade... You swap out my drivetrain i give you axles, pedal bucket, clutch master and slave:grinpimp:

might have to work out some sort of trade... You swap out my drivetrain i give you axles, pedal bucket, clutch master and slave:grinpimp:

hmmmm you have perked my interest.....:beer:

OK if I spray Carb cleaner in the Carb or a little gas it fires up then dies. The fuel pump is pumping as well. I wonder if the float is stuck or something. Previous owner did try to rebuild the Carb. Any thoughts?

ok dohcdelsol and i looked "calico" over yesterday evening and this is what we found.
1. Gas tank is rusty. Gas was puke brown. Drained the tank. Probably going to swap the tank from the dent into it.
2. Fueal cutoff solenoid was not hooked up electrically.
3. Major air leak somewhere. We were able to get it to run on its own power but have not found the air leak yet. Idle is super high. Gauges do not work/not hooked up or something. wiring has been butchered!!
4. Alternator is missing green wire hookup?????

Will be a while before i can do anything else to it but we are at least headed in a general direction now.

Ralph Hayes Toyota called today. Parts are in!!! Looks like this is going to happen!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom