Transfer popping out of 4 low (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

devo

SILVER Star
Threads
I admit I was in the t-box and rebuilt it. Now when in 4-low 4wheel drive it will pop out into 4-low 2wheel drive. I have to use a bungee to keep the lever pulled back in place. The bungee works well but it looks bad!
Any ideas?
devo

Check the detent spring and ballbearing to see if it is tightened all the way. Not sure on the one piece case, maybe on top of the case in line with the front wheel drive shift rod (as in the case of the split case)

Dave

When you rebuilt the t-case, did you notice if there was any wear on the front shifter fork (the one up in the cone), or possibly is it bent?? If that was A-ok, then you probably got the part it slips into on the front output backwards. The part I'm referring to is the conical egg-shaped sleeve that engages the front output. (Sorry I don't know the names). Looking at it from the side, it has a channel running around it for the shifter fork to fit into, and one end is maybe 1/4" inch longer than the other,... you'll want that (longer) end forward. Otherwise it'll do precisely that, pop out of gear just enough to lose 4wd,... in high or low.

Hope that made sense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom