Transfer Case & Trans. Skid plate (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does someone have a picture of the stock transfer case & trans. skid plate on a early (81-84) FJ60 with the older crossmember? Can someone take a picture and measure how long the plate is on the passenger side? I need to see how it bolts up to the frame.

I don't have my stock skid plate anymore and trying to figure out if a stock one would still fit and protect the transfer case.

Thanks.

I don't know about new/old crossmembers, but the bis ass ole skid plate under my 84 mounts to the bottom of the frame with bolts that pass upwards into threaded holes in the bottom side of the frame rails.

The skid plate is asymetrical with the longer side on the left and has 3 bolts vs. 2 securing bolts on the right.

Is this the skid plate you are refering to? I can snap pics if that's what you need.

Rick

I don't know about new/old crossmembers, but the bis ass ole skid plate under my 84 mounts to the bottom of the frame with bolts that pass upwards into threaded holes in the bottom side of the frame rails.

The skid plate is asymetrical with the longer side on the left and has 3 bolts vs. 2 securing bolts on the right.

Is this the skid plate you are refering to? I can snap pics if that's what you need.

Rick

Yes that is the one. I am trying to figure out how far back I need to extend the passenger side so it protects my transfer case. I picture would be great. Where does the front of the slid plate start on the frame?

I hope these help, although my orientation is a bit skewed. Early 1984 fj60, passenger side of the plate:

side shot:
DSC00116.jpg

front of the plate and the cross member:
DSC00118.jpg
DSC00116.jpg
DSC00118.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom