Transfer Case to 3-Speed - Did Thread Pitch Change on 125mm Long Bolts? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

4Cruisers

SILVER Star
Threads
In researching whether or not some long (125mm) bolts leftover from past projects would work for installing my split transfer case onto my new H55f I found two different pitches - 1.25 and 1.5. Other than the pitch, the bolts are identical. I have three with the 1.5 pitch and nine with the 1.25 pitch. I'm pretty sure these all came from 3-speed transmission set-ups (because of their length), but not 100%. The Toyota on-line parts catalog I use gives the part numbers for these long bolts as 90101-12317. Does anyone know the thread pitch for bolts with this part number? Did the pitch change over the years?

Anyway, I discovered that the 1.25 pitch bolts work great for the four long bolts that attach the front half of the transfer case to the H55f (or later H41/H42). The Toyota part number for the later bolts is 90119-12047, but I'm trying to find the part number for the earlier bolts and to determine whether or not they're still available from Toyota. Not a big deal, but the later bolts run about $32 for four (including a 25% MUD discount and some sales tax). I plan on using the earlier bolts on my project just to save a few $$$, but am still curious, and maybe others could benefit from the information.

The #90101-12317 bolt is 12mm-1.25 pitch, 130mm long. Those are the bolts we supplied with our TH350 to 3 speed transfer case adapters. I don't know if they are still available from Toyota??

The #90101-12317 bolt is 12mm-1.25 pitch, 130mm long. Those are the bolts we supplied with our TH350 to 3 speed transfer case adapters. I don't know if they are still available from Toyota??
Thanks for the info! I can check with Toyota for availability. Post-Cdan, Don at American Toyota's parts counter has been great to work with.

Yes, they are both stock trans bolts. Whenever I sell a 3 speed trans, I try to remember to ask the buyer which type bolt he has.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom