Transfer case shifter boot

Discussion in '40- & 55-Series Tech' started by Iron_Pig, Oct 14, 2003.

1. Iron_Pig

Iron_Pig

I'm wanting to put an oem-type transfer case shifter boot back in my '78 FJ40 (4 speed). I've gleaned from fellow board members that the boot is actually leather.
    I need to know what hardware I need to hold that boot onto the tranny cover. I've checked the S.O.R website and can't get a clear pic. Member nuclearlemon has some hardware but we can't verify if it fits my application.I want a clean look and no dirt road blowing up through my tranny cover.
    Can you all help with some diagrams,pics,etc. to see if what he has is what I need. We're trying to deal on them.
    Thanks.

2. Iron_Pig

Iron_Pig

I think I found the answer myself at CCOT. The '78 transfer case lever had a vinyl boot,a metal sorta-square ring and a rubber boot that fits under the vinyl one....so,anybody have some of these parts laying around?

3. KNUCKLEDRAGGER

KNUCKLEDRAGGER

Dont get your hopes up about the aftermarket leather style boots what I have seen is pretty crappy quality. I bought one from SOR and wasn't happy at all with the quality .

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.