transfer case saver (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Re: transfer case safer

Please explain do you mean safer or a saver?

i have the crossmember that bolts to the back of the transfer case so i just welded a piece of angle iron to the crossmember along the top of the upper access cover then used longer bolts. I dont think it will ever move.

http://www.tcase.homestead.com

(hope that still works)

That's what I run, no complaints...great product, and often available on EBAY.

I picked one up on ebay some time ago. Got a great deal on it, but haven't installed it yet. I am waiting until I am there doing something else, which will be the first week in May when I covert to a direct shift from my vacuum shift.

I just put one on this last friday night and it was great. Don was the man. I emailed him to confirm he had them instock, Paypaled him the money and i had it with in two days. Also he is running a sale right now..they are like 30 bucks plus 6 dollars S+H...i was going to fab one up but Why? for this price you get everything, painted, welded, cut, and the bolts.

Scott-
Got your MO yesterday...sending out the shifter parts today! Good luck!

Stew

Looks like it'd be pretty easy to fabricate, it's just two pieces of steel plate welded together with a few holes drilled in it, but as Cruzer said if they're going for only $30ish + $6 S&H, just buy one. :G

Is this type still available? If so, is there an updated link to contact the fabricator directly? :D

cruzer said:
I just put one on this last friday night and it was great. Don was the man. I emailed him to confirm he had them instock, Paypaled him the money and i had it with in two days. Also he is running a sale right now..they are like 30 bucks plus 6 dollars S+H...i was going to fab one up but Why? for this price you get everything, painted, welded, cut, and the bolts.

Scott-
Got your MO yesterday...sending out the shifter parts today! Good luck!

Stew

Unless you get a lot of pleasure out of working metal, there is too much labor involved in fabricating one to want to take this project on when you can buy one for $30-40.

Cut steel.
Accurately locate and drill 7 holes.
Mock up and tack weld.
Finish weld.
Clean and paint.

Who makes them and where can I find one for $30-$40? Specter has them for $110. Seems a bit pricey. :confused: Any ideas?

Pin_Head said:
Unless you get a lot of pleasure out of working metal, there is too much labor involved in fabricating one to want to take this project on when you can buy one for $30-40.

Cut steel.
Accurately locate and drill 7 holes.
Mock up and tack weld.
Finish weld.
Clean and paint.

they run across the top of the t case (bolted to the top cover) and have an arm that goes through the upper tcase mounting bolt...i see em on ebay from someone who makes/markets them for about $27 quite often....i think i paid $30 for mine a few years ago

Isn't this the same product offered by JT outfitters? That other link didn't work for me. Let me know if there are other vendors as I heard JT stole the idea from someone and I'd rather give the guy who came up with the idea my money.

Dan

First pic is one of those cheapo dealios built from 1/8" plate you're probably referring to & may work without any problems. Second pic is John Pardi's tcase saver, constructed from 1/4" plate. You can see which one is on my Cruzah & which one is just hangin' around:

Last edited:
LC_Hamma said:
You can see which one is on my Cruzah & which one is just hangin' around:

You could always run them both. :flipoff2:

John Pardi does make a nifty saver.

Anyone with a link or contact info for the pardi plate?

Pardi's is a nice piece, but holy cow, they aren't given away....

I ran the topside-only saver on my t-case for many years, combined with a thick/solid skidplate that protects the entire case. Despite busted pinions, longfields, newfields, t-case shafts, and many other items, I never once cracked the t-case housing itself.

The "savers" are designed to keep the weak-ish stock housings from breaking. Those "cheapo dealios" are IMO a great product, priced right, and a good solution.

AGAIN - It is my opinion that the vast majority of t-case breakage is the result of pathetic skid plates, and not the result of horsepower/torque....you thwack a chunk of alum enuf times, and it will crack. The stock plate is pathetic. Build one custom.

The link given earlier is out of date. I like the $30 price better than the $100+ price. Anyone have a new link?

Don no longer makes his t-case savers, believe making your own or ordering thru JT-Outfiters is your only option at this time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom