Transfer case replacement. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Easily done, even with the cover in the truck if you lower the tranny a bit with a jack.

Ummm, Trollhouse......you have a 2F engine on stock mounts?
You don't have the Advance adapter rear mount for V8 conversions?

honk said:
Ummm, Trollhouse......you have a 2F engine on stock mounts?
You don't have the Advance adapter rear mount for V8 conversions?

Yes stock 2f with 4 speed

and no advace adapter. COmpletely stock setup.

It can be done, but it's close because you have to come straight back. Didn't you just have yours apart? If so then pulling the tranfercase off of the trans might go fairly easy but as lunched as yours sounds to be it might not.

I think that the whole job would go easier by taking down both transmission and transfercase as one.

if you had a E-74 fj40 i would say no.

rogersfj401969 said:
if you had a E-74 fj40 i would say no.

This is what I have. I have no idea the model #.

IMG_2592.JPG

IMG_2587.JPG

I would drain both before removing either one. If you're replacing your 4 speed transfer case with another 4 speed case I'd like to pick up some parts from the old one (here's your chance to recoup some of the cost, within reason).
PM me if you're interested.

It's not hard and I like this much better than dropping both, if you need more clearance, take the bolts in the mounts on the bellhousing out, spin the passenger side around for clearance cause it hits the starter bulge, and with a jack and wood block under the oil pan lower the motor, you can get a good 6-8" this way. and drain both prior to starting the job.
Butch

Texican said:
It's not hard and I like this much better than dropping both, if you need more clearance, take the bolts in the mounts on the bellhousing out, spin the passenger side around for clearance cause it hits the starter bulge, and with a jack and wood block under the oil pan lower the motor, you can get a good 6-8" this way. and drain both prior to starting the job.
Butch

I like your idea and it seams like the best solution. Cause I just removed the transfer case without doing what you said and it was almost impossible. There is no clearance. Look for yourself.
IMG_2605.JPG

And ye you are right about draining both. Unfortunatly I didn't get the correct answer before I left for work. I found ou the hard way.

Notice the 5 pounds of kittly litter.
IMG_2607.JPG

i have to take mine out this summer, getting an AA Orion 4to1 t case, Cracked my stock! need to save up some money!! lol how long did it take to put yours?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom