Transfer case rebuild question... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey everyone, I'm installing a new H55F, clutch and all related parts in my 87 FJ60...also rebuilding my transfer case. Pretty much everything was sourced by Beno here on Mud. Onur...super guy, easy to deal with and great prices!!

OK, here's the question I have, I'm ready to install my new High/Low gear bushings and I'm not sure about the oiling hole locations(I've bee searching for about two hours or more!). Are the two slots inside the gear supposed to line up with the seam and the hole on the opposite side of the bushing? My low gear bushing had come out when I removed it...seems to be a common thing. The shaft still looks goods, no serious wear. also, if you look at the high gear bushing(original) the oiling hole is not lined up with the slot in the gear...and is plugged as well! I will have to hone these it looks like...as per George's advice to JawJatek's thread. I have all of tools and know-how to do this stuff...which I love doing, but this bushing orientation is bugging the heck out of me!! Any advice would be much appreciated
IMG_3543.JPG
IMG_3544.JPG
IMG_3545.JPG
!

I found no info on that very subject here or anywhere, and I searched a lot. I think it was Georg who told me just to be sure not to put the bushing split over the groove... so that means the hole isn't over a groove either, since the hole and split are on opposite sides of the bushing. Don't know. :meh:

I think I looked at every picture of a gear and bushing on the net...still couldn't get a definite answer. I think I'll take George's word for it! Seems strange that such an important feature wouldn't be pointed out somewhere...although it's probably obvious to someone who does this everyday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom