transfer case question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Only had my 94 80 for 2months,didnt get a manual with it.When I Switch to low on my transfer what actually locks.The dash says diff locked but I dont have e lockers.

Search '7 pin mod'.

There is a differential in your xfer case, just like in the axles, which allows the front and rear drive shafts to turn at different speeds (open diff). There us,also a viscous coupler in the case that acts similarly to a limited slip. When you go to low range (and assuming you have not performed the pin 7 mod) then the center diff will lock and the front and rear drive shaft will now turn at the same rate (locked diff)

There is a differential in your xfer case, just like in the axles, which allows the front and rear drive shafts to turn at different speeds (open diff). There us,also a viscous coupler in the case that acts similarly to a limited slip. When you go to low range (and assuming you have not performed the pin 7 mod) then the center diff will lock and the front and rear drive shaft will now turn at the same rate (locked diff)
Thanks guys .I can always count on mud members to answer my questions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom