transfer case question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm connecting my transfer case to my tranny. I've torqued the castle nut to 90lbs but have a little play between the spacer and nut. I have another transfer that I can look at for reference and that one doesn't have any play in it. First I thought my spacers were in opposite but they're not. I have the tranny upright so I could just lower my transfer down on it, I don't know if that makes a difference in the play. I don't think I have my gear in wrong but I don't know. In the picture you can see the gears are slightly misaligned, what do you think? Thank you.
transfer1.jpg
transfer2.jpg
transfer3.jpg

It shouldnent have any play. It looks like the inner gear is touching the casing. You didnt leave the thrust washer out of the g/box as that is 4mm thick which would fix your problem.

do you have a picture of the thrust washer? Do you mean the 2" long spacer that goes on the shaft inside between the walls of the t-case because I have that one in there?

Do the gears rotate in the transfer case and not bind/rub on anything?

Poser,
I can't get out in the garage for about 20 min but they seem to rotate fine with no rubbing. I don't think I have the spacer that goes on before the t-case. I can't imagine what I did with it, do you have a picture of one?

It shouldnent have any play. It looks like the inner gear is touching the casing. You didnt leave the thrust washer out of the g/box as that is 4mm thick which would fix your problem.

Do you also have the spacer on the tranny outputshaft that goes on before the t case goes on the one that stops that input gear from chewing into the case

Do the gears rotate in the transfer case and not bind/rub on anything?
No binding or rubbing, pretty smooth actually.

Ok, I'm showing how I had it when the gear was inside and the t-case and tranny were together. Am I missing something? more pics comming
order inside.jpg
order.jpg
spline.jpg

more pictures
case1.jpg
case2.jpg

I think I found the spacer I need, it was in my other tranny. I went from a h42 to a h41. Could you tell me if the seal looks right and the order in which I have it in my hand? Thank you
spacer.jpg
spacer and seal.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom